Grand Canyon Airlines/Scenic >

Grand Canyon Airlines/Scenic

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Grand Canyon Airlines/Scenic

Old 03-03-2022, 04:33 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2021

I think it's something like ten posts. After that it should let you create a thread.
Old 03-03-2022, 06:31 AM
Gets Everyday Off

Joined APC: Aug 2016
Position: Relaxed

Originally Posted by Broccoli Rob View Post
I think it's something like ten posts. After that it should let you create a thread.
That is correct. Regardless of one’s opinion, the rule of ten posts was established to weed out a lot of spammers. That has been successful.
Old 03-31-2022, 03:01 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2021
Position: Pipeline Pilot

Was curious if anyone else that had applied had heard anything back yet? With it being their peak time of year I had assumed I would’ve heard something.
Old 04-01-2022, 07:08 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2021

Originally Posted by mattharpt27 View Post
Was curious if anyone else that had applied had heard anything back yet? With it being their peak time of year I had assumed I would’ve heard something.

Nothing. Surprised.
Old 04-06-2022, 09:01 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2019

Either email them or call them.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-2022, 09:53 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2022
Position: ERJ-145 FO

I applied in December '21, interviewed in January, hired and started class by end of January. There has been another class after mine, with one more scheduled to start soon. Looks like we have enough FOs for the busy season without knowing how many FOs are in the new class. All the FOs are relatively new hires after a scramble to rebuild the pilot staff after COVID restrictions being lifted, and doesn't look like anyone will be moving to the next step in their careers for some time. From interview to IOE was about 2 months. They have been building up their staff for the busy season from the beginning of this year.

As for Captains... There is certainly a deficit in the roster for captains, again, not knowing how many are in the new class. 700TT is the requirement for Caravan CA VFR only, I believe.

Grand Canyon receives applications from all over the country. Most guys that try to travel and have families back home do not last long. Dropping in and saying hello in person goes a long way, as that will set you apart in the long list of applications. A visit will also give you an opportunity to meet some of the senior pilots which will give you an idea of the operation and help with the decision if their operation is a good fit for you before you even interview.

Hope anyone who wants to pursue the opportunity can deal with the warmth of Vegas summers while herding cats across the blacktop only to climb into a hot metal tube crammed full of people with an AC mounted in the back and is blowing ambient temps before reaching the cockpit. Fair trade for multi engine turbine time for a zero time pilot! Everyone in the company has been a joy to work with. Professional atmosphere with a ton of fun performing the daily duties. 1/2 of the job is working with guests, so being a people person is a MUST for this job. Visitors from all over the world; very fun to get some back stories.

Good Luck!
Old 10-17-2022, 12:54 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2022
Default Hiring

Anyone heard any hiring news?
Old 03-29-2023, 07:14 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: single-pilot multi turbine captain
Default Northeast??

Hey anyone know what the deal is with these guys doing something in the NE?