Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Part 135
Part 135 pilot jumpseat on Part 121 or Fedex/UPS? >

Part 135 pilot jumpseat on Part 121 or Fedex/UPS?

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Part 135 pilot jumpseat on Part 121 or Fedex/UPS?

Old 10-31-2020, 06:31 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2019
Default A thought for airline pilots.

A thought for all 121 pilots.

JumpHub enables you to get the most out of agreements your airlines may already have, such as cargo and unscheduled operators that your airline has agreements with now.

Some of these operations have non existent schedules or no easy way to search and request a ride.

Picture this, you are denied boarding on your last available non-rev flight home and you look down the airport and see a bunch of cargo guys, your airline has and agreement with most of these but how do you find out the schedule? How do you request?

Most have a "call Dispatch" or "submit a form" button for all jumpseat requests. That is if you can even find their schedule or pop up flights that you could use.

I challenge any 121 pilot to go through their ops manual and see what agreements their airline has with every cargo or unscheduled operator, and try to figure out how to find a flight and request one with each.

The systems are virtually non existent or inconvenient. I flew for an unscheduled CASS operator and we almost never utilized it because schedules were non existent or cumbersome to request, especially in a hurry.

JumpHub centralizes everything for you in a one stop shop for Jumpseat requests on these operators.

135 empty legs are just a small part of the wider program.

Thanks.
Old 11-01-2020, 07:07 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: CH2T Worst plane ever

Originally Posted by Airhead250 View Post
A thought for all 121 pilots.

JumpHub enables you to get the most out of agreements your airlines may already have, such as cargo and unscheduled operators that your airline has agreements with now.

Some of these operations have non existent schedules or no easy way to search and request a ride.

Picture this, you are denied boarding on your last available non-rev flight home and you look down the airport and see a bunch of cargo guys, your airline has and agreement with most of these but how do you find out the schedule? How do you request?

Most have a "call Dispatch" or "submit a form" button for all jumpseat requests. That is if you can even find their schedule or pop up flights that you could use.

I challenge any 121 pilot to go through their ops manual and see what agreements their airline has with every cargo or unscheduled operator, and try to figure out how to find a flight and request one with each.

The systems are virtually non existent or inconvenient. I flew for an unscheduled CASS operator and we almost never utilized it because schedules were non existent or cumbersome to request, especially in a hurry.

JumpHub centralizes everything for you in a one stop shop for Jumpseat requests on these operators.

135 empty legs are just a small part of the wider program.

Thanks.

You know that's all available in the alpa app, right? Same exact information, in a list with links to timetables.... it's a good thought but I'll accept the challenge.
Old 01-09-2021, 09:19 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2016

I think I know the answer to the question I'm about to ask but I just want to confirm it with others. I'm currently a PC-12 pilot at a Part 135 medevac operator in the upper midwest. I've worked at both 135 and 121 companies that had CASS privileges and I recently thought to myself "Huh...I wonder if a medevac operator could get CASS privileges and KCM." So, my question is, is it possible for a 135 medevac operation to have CASS and jumpseat agreements with airlines? If so, how would one go about connecting with airlines to form agreements on this?

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.
Old 01-09-2021, 09:59 AM
Gets Weekend Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Originally Posted by newpilotusa View Post
I think I know the answer to the question I'm about to ask but I just want to confirm it with others. I'm currently a PC-12 pilot at a Part 135 medevac operator in the upper midwest. I've worked at both 135 and 121 companies that had CASS privileges and I recently thought to myself "Huh...I wonder if a medevac operator could get CASS privileges and KCM." So, my question is, is it possible for a 135 medevac operation to have CASS and jumpseat agreements with airlines? If so, how would one go about connecting with airlines to form agreements on this?

You’d need to check with jumpseat coordinators at various airlines to establish a reciprocal agreement. The question is how would you be able to reciprocate?
Old 01-09-2021, 10:25 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2018

Ah.

Again, Why are these charter operators not buying these guys positive space tickets to the airplane?

Scenario.
So I am assigned to an airplane that is in Dallas. But I live in Seattle. Its currently the 31st of the month. The company says "Get to Dallas on the 1st". I look at tickets on Delta but oh damn, they are $799. One way. And thats Economy. So I hop on jumphub. Oh look, a CL350 is heading from BFI to DAL in 7 hours! Sweet. I coordinate it all up and drive to BFI. Get to the FBO and the plane departed 2 hours ago to VNY to head to TEB. DAMN! So now I go back to SEA to try to get on the Delta flight which is now $1200 one way. But oh wait! I have a jumphub app and I say "hey I can just hop on Delta to work!" But oh wait, Im not cockpit authorized and the flight has 30 non revs listed. And Delta wouldn't join Jumpnet. I can't afford the $1200 ticket because my monthly take-home is 1200 after taxes. I call my company scheduling and say I can't make the report time for the flight. They say " Oh too bad. Enjoy your time off. With no pay".
I cry. I apply at Starbucks again.

Sooo.

Sounds like an "interesting" operation...
Old 01-10-2021, 03:53 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Originally Posted by newpilotusa View Post

You won’t be able to reciprocate.