Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Vee Neal Aviation

Old 10-03-2008, 07:38 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: King Air 200 CA Hawker 800/900 FO
Default Vee Neal Aviation

I stumbled upon Vee Neal Aviation the other day and wondered if anybody had heard of them. They are a 135 charter op with Jetstreams and Saabs. Any insights good or bad would be appreaciated.

Here's a link to their website:
About VNA

Issues I'm wondering about.
1. Payscale
2. Treatment by management
3. Shady mx
4. Duty schedule

Thanks
Old 10-03-2008, 09:41 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: Guppy Capt.

I interviewed back in 1998, and it seemed like a classy op. Had to, they didn't hire me!! Used to deck out the Jetstreams nice. Don't know what it's like now.
That guy in the right seat in the picture of the Jetstream in the employment section looks scary though!!! (BTW, that's not me, but someone I know who doesn't work there anymore)
Old 10-03-2008, 12:33 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: Grad school student - again...

I wish I had 500 multi time so I could apply - dang it! You're right about the scary dude in the right seat in the employment section Short! I'll keep on working to that 500 hr multi mark....
Old 10-03-2008, 12:40 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: AA A320

I've flown into KLBE quite frequently and live in Western PA. Not too much talk about VeeNeal, most people are interested in L.J. Aviation next door. Much better operation in terms of pay and equipment. Last I heard VeeNeal only operated JBalls. I send a resume to LJ probably once a month, but have never heard ever a peep back from them.

LJ operates everything from KingAirs to a Gulfstream or two.
L. J. Aviation: Private Air Service
Old 08-22-2009, 01:31 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2009
Default Vee Neal

I had to chuckle about the photo of the "scary" looking guy in the right seat of the employment section. I'm the one who put the website together with a VERY limited budget so it was some stock photo on my computer that is obviously of someone who probably used to work there but I haven't a clue as to whom it is.

As for Avitat Vee Neal (that's their official name now), they have two Jetstreams left. They did not renew their lease on the SAAB in 2006, hence the reason I no longer work there. No, I am not a pilot but I was hired as a flight attendant to work the SAAB 340.

I'm still good friends with the Chief Pilot and I would have to say that things are fine as far as the coverage they have for the two aircraft. IOW, I don't think (but could be wrong!) you'd find an opening there.

I hope this helped.

~Jolie