Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Cargo In SC (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/32553-cargo-sc.html)

heckler45 10-21-2008 05:01 PM

Cargo In SC

I have noticed periodically on AirNav.com a Shorts flying a route at night between CHS and GSP. I can only assume it is a cargo flight since no one in their right mind would own one for fun or corporate. If anyone has information on who this might be please let me know.

dn_wisconsin 10-21-2008 05:22 PM

Probably Air Cargo Carriers, they run alot of those for UPS.

fjetter 10-21-2008 05:26 PM

Been through GSP a couple of times and that shorts is in Air Cargo Carriers colors. I think they only have one aircraft there.

SD3FR8DOG 10-21-2008 11:33 PM

Gsp-chs-sdf-gsp

Ewfflyer 10-22-2008 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by SD3FR8DOG (Post 483439)
Gsp-chs-sdf-gsp

I think I remember passing that flight whenever I had a trip down to CLT from Indiana. Usually just me and that shorts around 9-10,000', somewhere in the night!

heckler45 10-23-2008 07:43 AM

Thanks for the info guys.

cruiseclimb 10-23-2008 08:31 AM

That's a tough company to get your time at.. You can upgrade and get the ME Turb PIC, but it's getting it the hard way. I think they make you pay for a portion of the training as well. In this market.. I guess we don't have very many options. Have you tried AirNow? Look them up. They are in that area as well and I think they are hiring for the 208 and the Emb 110.

heckler45 10-23-2008 09:10 AM

I was wondering since they were flying routes in SC where I live. I thought it would be great to try and find a company to work for where I could build time and wouldn't have to commute great distances. It seems to me that most of the freight dawg companies are either out west or up north. I guess I will be stuck playing the CFI game.

Thanks for the infor on AirNow. I will deffinately check them out.

twebb 10-23-2008 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by cruiseclimb (Post 484210)
That's a tough company to get your time at.. You can upgrade and get the ME Turb PIC, but it's getting it the hard way. I think they make you pay for a portion of the training as well. In this market.. I guess we don't have very many options.

Yes that flight is by ACC...but please don't speculate about the company. It's a great place to work, not all the runs are tough, some are fun and have a great QOL. YOU DO NOT PAY FOR ANY TRAINING, they pay you while in training. ACC is a great option during this time. They treat you right, and you'll gain a lot of experience while doing it.

cruiseclimb 10-24-2008 04:54 AM

Thanks .. my mistake.. I thought I had heard they wanted $7500 and a two year commitment.. but honestly.. if you're building time, two years is what it would take to get a nice padding of ME PIC turbine time. I did the Mil route, but think I missed out on some of the fun jobs that can be had out there.