Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Bayside aquires Flight Express

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 06:26 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Default Bayside aquires Flight Express

Word from THE MAN

AirNet’s owner, Bayside Capital, has purchased Flight Express, Inc., an Orlando-based provider of Part 135 air cargo carrier primarily focused on bank POD and life sciences transportation services. Flight Express and AirNet are separate portfolio companies for Bayside and will remain separate. However, Bayside has asked AirNet and Flight Express to work closely together to provide an integrated service offering. To this end, AirNet and Flight Express have signed an agreement forming a strategic partnership and will share certain resources.

The Partnership will help both companies grow. AirNet will be able to utilize a new fleet type, the Cessna 210, which provides a cost-effective solution for "thinner" routes. AirNet will also gain better access to Florida and other locations where Flight Express has a significant presence. Flight Express will be able to offer its customers access to a larger geographic footprint, a large established scheduled network, and a more diverse fleet of aircraft and capabilities.

The Partnership will also help both companies become more profitable. Both companies will utilize combined buying power to get better deals on fuel, supply purchases and other such items.

Both companies will remain separate. AirNet’s current corporate offices will remain in Columbus, and the headquarters for Flight Express will remain in Orlando. Both companies will operate separately with no changes for a period of time. The companies will continue to operate as individual entities under their respective Part 135 certificates.

Both companies will operate separately but will be encouraged to share knowledge and resources. Flight Express’s President will be retiring as part of the transaction with Bayside. So, AirNet’s senior management team is assuming his reporting relationships.

Old 10-29-2008, 06:57 PM
Airport Hobo

Joined APC: Apr 2007

uh oh

------------------------------------------------------------
Old 10-29-2008, 07:33 PM
Flying Farmer

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Turbo-props' and John Deere's

I thought Airnets new HQ and base ops is out of DPA now? I don't like the sound of this Bayside, and I'm not, nor ever have been an employee of either company.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:05 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: CE-750

Airnet only moved its main sort to DPA. Company HQ is still in Columbus.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:25 AM
Flying Farmer

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Turbo-props' and John Deere's

Originally Posted by Jbulleit View Post
Airnet only moved its main sort to DPA. Company HQ is still in Columbus.
Ah, thought they moved everything, thanks!
Old 10-30-2008, 04:53 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: hmmmm.....

Will their still be a small hub in Columbus?
Old 10-30-2008, 07:24 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2008

I wouldn't call it a hub, more like a couple of airplanes meet and swap work in LCK.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:56 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: CE-750

Its sad too because the facilities at LCK were well suited for our sort. And the tower and approach controllers were good at keeping us on time.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:55 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Fixed wing, left

Originally Posted by Jbulleit View Post
Its sad too because the facilities at LCK were well suited for our sort. And the tower and approach controllers were good at keeping us on time.

the LOA was helpful too
Old 10-31-2008, 03:00 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: Grad school student - again...

Anytime I hear of Bayside taking control of a company, I shudder and hope to hell that I'm not part of it... I just had a few friends go to Flight Express and hope that they are not going to suffer for this. Do you guys think it is possible that Bayside may try to merge Airnet and Flight Express?