Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Sierra West (El Paso) Furloughing? (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/33214-sierra-west-el-paso-furloughing.html)

SLPII 11-09-2008 11:46 PM

Sierra West (El Paso) Furloughing?

Fact or fiction?

JPilot77 11-10-2008 08:29 AM

They seem to be a revolving door company, thought they always needed pilots, maybe their business has slowed down to that point which is too bad.

belliott 11-11-2008 01:00 PM

Ask b18onboost.... he works for them.

b18onboost 11-11-2008 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by belliott (Post 496456)
Ask b18onboost.... he works for them.

You must be in love with me aren't you? I wouldn't be surprised if you have pictures of me on your desktop..lol jk. Anyway yea it's true. SWA hacked a few guys. From what I heard through the grapevine, business is prettyyyyyy bad.

JPilot77 11-12-2008 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by b18onboost (Post 496899)
You must be in love with me aren't you? I wouldn't be surprised if you have pictures of me on your desktop..lol jk. Anyway yea it's true. SWA hacked a few guys. From what I heard through the grapevine, business is prettyyyyyy bad.

Too bad, they have a good pilot group, everyone was always friendly over at Cutter (when they actually were there).

belliott 11-12-2008 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by b18onboost (Post 496899)

No.... not in love with you..... just stating facts....

INTERNET PILOT 11-14-2008 06:52 AM

They're not furloughing, they're laying off. Furloughing infers its only temporary and that there is some kind of systematic approach to it. If they were furloughing in the traditional sense, they would start at the bottom of the seniority list and work their way up, but instead they laid off the most senior metro FO and the most senior metro captain, as well as a few other people. I think it was more of a situation where they just wanted to get rid of people they didn't like, or people who had recurrent checkrides coming up.

b18onboost 11-15-2008 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by INTERNET PILOT (Post 498587)
They're not furloughing, they're laying off. Furloughing infers its only temporary and that there is some kind of systematic approach to it. If they were furloughing in the traditional sense, they would start at the bottom of the seniority list and work their way up, but instead they laid off the most senior metro FO and the most senior metro captain, as well as a few other people. I think it was more of a situation where they just wanted to get rid of people they didn't like, or people who had recurrent checkrides coming up.

Is your name Chris Price?

INTERNET PILOT 11-15-2008 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by b18onboost (Post 499314)
Is your name Chris Price?

nope

but you are close

b18onboost 11-15-2008 09:37 PM

hey

Originally Posted by INTERNET PILOT (Post 499499)
nope

but you are close

hey are you jonathan? I'm khiem btw. Just got furlough at SWA lol. I was trying to track down who you are. I was in el paso and wanted to buy you a drink for helping me out with all the V speeds and limitations. Mike and I printed that stuff out to study.