Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

IBC Airways

Old 02-10-2009, 02:43 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2008

They have 5 cargo Saabs, 1 18 pax and 2 30 pax flying for Platinum Air Charters which IBC bought or is in the process of buying. Their flight attendants are leaving faster than you can blink, class 1 2 of 6 are gone with two more from that class on the edge of giving notice. Class 2 one for sure is about to walk and they have a guy flight attendant supervisor who they keep out of the office.....

If you need direct contact PM me for the phone numbers....but unless you merely need to build time...this is not the place to fly.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:32 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2009

It's a great company if your a young person looking to get started in your career. Transport category aircraft. International flying everyday......... etc Don't bother sending an application unless you have something specific that they are looking for, as they have a stack of applications sitting on the DO's desk. To get in there you really need a recommendation from someone. It is a growing company who are changing things as they grow. In a few years they are likely to be a major player in several different aviation fields. The pay is bad, health benefits way too expensive, but your not likely to get furloughed. Unless you have something that they want like an A & P license then you can expect to pay $7500 to get right seat in the SAAB. Also there is a 2 year non prorated contract. Before applying you have to ask yourself....can i live in miami for 2 years on $18.5k plus per diem?
Old 02-17-2009, 01:43 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2008

Their flight attendants make more than the F/O's. Now 3 from class 1 are gone with 2 more leaving shortly...that would leave 1 from class 1. 1 from class two walked off a trip after having to fly with the worlds most obnoxious pilot....

I will provide direct phone contacts for the three top guys if you really are dead set on going with this company.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:39 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: Do whatever the captain tell me

I suggest if you want to get a reply from them then you have to show up at their main office. I flew in last month and was able to talk to the chief pilot. He said at the moment they're not looking to hire and they have 2 guys in ground school but had to suspend it due to lack of space in the airplane.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:29 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2009

I am flying the saab now for another company and am thinking of applying to IBC. You guys have some good info on here but I cant find anything on thier pay scale for the life of me. Anyone know what first year capt pay looks like? How much flying are the IBC crews getting? Thanks for any info.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:08 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008

Not currently hiring that I know of. FO pay is $20K with per diem ($18k without) and it is salary. If not typed on the Saab, it is PFT. No idea on Capts. Upgrade seems to be based on right place/ right time rather than seniority. There are scheduled runs with 2 to 6 flying hours a day. They also do some charter work as well but obviously the flying is more sporadic with that.

To get hired you basically have to be local to MIA/ South Florida area, otherwise you get put in the 2ft. tall stack of resumes...
Old 03-08-2009, 03:10 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2009

Thanks jdlilfan. I actually started to research the company based on an ad I saw on climbto350 for "street" capts. I meet all the requirements and even use a south florida address as my permenant address but I have come to find getting info on these guys is difficult. Check out their website careers page if your interested in them. Not much there of course but it does say they are hiring pilots & mx. If anyone else has pay scale info Im all ears!
Old 04-18-2010, 03:17 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2010
Position: right Seat

Originally Posted by sapientass View Post
Thanks jdlilfan. I actually started to research the company based on an ad I saw on climbto350 for "street" capts. I meet all the requirements and even use a south florida address as my permenant address but I have come to find getting info on these guys is difficult. Check out their website careers page if your interested in them. Not much there of course but it does say they are hiring pilots & mx. If anyone else has pay scale info Im all ears!
F/O's make $18,500
Capt's make $40,000 (down from 45K)
pay does not go up year to year
no overtime
no per diem
Old 08-23-2011, 11:32 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: lazyboy

Originally Posted by Scooterbob85 View Post
F/O's make $18,500
Capt's make $40,000 (down from 45K)
pay does not go up year to year
no overtime
no per diem
really ?
Old 08-23-2011, 02:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Retired for now

What a dream job. They must do one heck of a lot of hiring and training to cover their attrition.