Satsair Slashes Workforce

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Satsair Slashes Workforce

Old 11-21-2008, 12:03 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Default Satsair Slashes Workforce

Big cutback just announced at Satsair. 19 pilots will remain and four domiciles..GMU(10),PDK(5),CHS(2),SFB(2)
Old 11-21-2008, 12:48 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: King Air 90, 200, 350

Sorry to hear it. How many guys did Satsair put out on the street?

Also, do you/did you work for Satsair? If so, where are/were you based?
Old 11-21-2008, 05:17 PM
Snakes & Nape

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: B-767 Captain
Question Jets Coming

Hrdlndg:

Does SATSair still have orders for the Cirrus Jet ? Maybe they are just parring the SR-22 flying down to get ready for the transition to the jets.

It's too bad. A great concept and some experienced, well trained pilots had to be let go. I understand that the senior management team has done a very good job of keeping their operation running smoothly under these trying economic times. I'm sure that they'll recall in the Spring when thing pick up and maybe the jets will be delivered by then.

Best of luck to those furloughed !!

G'Luck Mates

Last edited by Phantom Flyer; 11-21-2008 at 05:19 PM. Reason: mis-spelled word. Opps.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:03 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2007

You're probably right about at least some coming back on line in the spring. Winter is a slower time for us anyway and combine it with the current financial mess; made for a big slow down. There will probably be some part time work for the furloughed folks in the meantime.

The jet won't be coming out until 2010 at the earliest, early 2011 more likely.

My best wishes to those furloughed and hope to see you back very soon.

Originally Posted by Phantom Flyer View Post
Hrdlndg:

Does SATSair still have orders for the Cirrus Jet ? Maybe they are just parring the SR-22 flying down to get ready for the transition to the jets.

It's too bad. A great concept and some experienced, well trained pilots had to be let go. I understand that the senior management team has done a very good job of keeping their operation running smoothly under these trying economic times. I'm sure that they'll recall in the Spring when thing pick up and maybe the jets will be delivered by then.

Best of luck to those furloughed !!

G'Luck Mates
Old 11-22-2008, 08:27 AM
Snakes & Nape

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: B-767 Captain
Cool How About Eclipse Jets ?

Skydweller97:

Has SATSair considered buying or leasing some of the Eclipse jets in the short term ? I know that they are committed to the Cirrus Jet but for the near term maybe that's a solution until Cirrus can deliver their jets.

I know that SATSair is well financed and seems to be very well managed with a good work force, so maybe that's an option. The pilots could get that jet experience which translates well for the Cirrus Jets.

Just my two cents....deflated to 0.475 cents after the election.

G'Day
Old 11-22-2008, 12:12 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2007

My understanding is they had a couple positions for Eclipses at one time, but sold em off because the costs of the Eclipse (both purchase price and operating costs) became higher with the engine change and the other problems.

Cirrus buying into the company probably also influenced the decision to hold out for the Cirrus jet.

As far as the solution -- the solution is people flying more!

Hope this economy gets better soon.

Originally Posted by Phantom Flyer View Post
Skydweller97:

Has SATSair considered buying or leasing some of the Eclipse jets in the short term ? I know that they are committed to the Cirrus Jet but for the near term maybe that's a solution until Cirrus can deliver their jets.

I know that SATSair is well financed and seems to be very well managed with a good work force, so maybe that's an option. The pilots could get that jet experience which translates well for the Cirrus Jets.

Just my two cents....deflated to 0.475 cents after the election.

G'Day
Old 11-24-2008, 05:12 AM
Flying Farmer

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Turbo-props' and John Deere's

You'd have to be very brave to even want an Eclipse Jet right now! When you start having payroll problems, what issues are lurking in the dark that we don't know about.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:26 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2009

Update. June 16, 2009. SATSair announces a "codeshare agreement", for the lack of better terms, with Imagine Air. Does this mean that SATSair contract pilots are pretty much screwed and will not getting anymore work, as the flights will be passed on to Imagine Air? Will this suppress the callback of furloughed pilots? Wouldn't be surprised if Imagine Air stole some of Sats's customers.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:34 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2009
Default Steal

Imagine Air did not have to steal our customers, we handed them to them. You know for months that engines are coming TBO and do nothing about it. Eight revenue planes available with another coming down in 110 hours.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:46 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2007

Originally Posted by sats View Post
Imagine Air did not have to steal our customers, we handed them to them. You know for months that engines are coming TBO and do nothing about it. Eight revenue planes available with another coming down in 110 hours.
How about all the parts that they have taken from the engine-less planes!Our CEO continues to give out the "Kool Aid" The ship is sinking fast!

Last edited by hrdlndg; 06-17-2009 at 04:49 PM. Reason: spelling