Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   SeaPort Airlines (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/34025-seaport-airlines.html)

Luv2Rotate 05-22-2009 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spoilers (Post 615631)
I read on another board that they got completely swamped with resumes and that Cullen doesn't want to see any more...

Hopped on them a few weeks ago. Doesnt seem like any hiring will occur soon. If it does happen I'm sure thousands of guys who far exceed the mins will be applying good luck. :rolleyes:

Ozpilot414 06-01-2009 01:23 PM

SeaPort is not looking at pilots now or anytime soon.....Sorry Guys...unless someone quits we are full. But as soon as I hear something I will let you know!

travelnate 06-26-2009 06:02 PM

Congrats on winning EAS in Arkansas.. that's 2 or 3 airframes, right?

Ozpilot414 06-29-2009 07:28 AM

one should worry about his own business and not worry about everyone elses business....and its 4 FYI

Fishfreighter 06-29-2009 02:00 PM

Someone I know just got hired by Seaport in BFI.

hi208 06-29-2009 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishfreighter (Post 637026)
Someone I know just got hired by Seaport in BFI.


Really, about 5 people I know work there too.

cessna74 06-29-2009 06:31 PM

seaport airlines at Jonesboro Ar
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozpilot414 (Post 636773)
one should worry about his own business and not worry about everyone elses business....and its 4 FYI



Will seaport be hiring pilots for the Jonesboro operation ? If so I am from Jonesboro and would love to work with them. My times are 2500 tt 180 mult cfi cfii mei igi .

Ozpilot414 06-30-2009 07:25 AM

They will be hiring but everyone will be based in MEM.....more details to come and soon as they let us know...They are going to be very choosy....just because you have a heart beat and a Comm SEL does not mean you qualify..... they have enough idiots...me included already!

hi208 06-30-2009 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozpilot414 (Post 637317)
They will be hiring but everyone will be based in MEM.....more details to come and soon as they let us know...They are going to be very choosy....just because you have a heart beat and a Comm SEL does not mean you qualify..... they have enough idiots...me included already!

What about me what if I wanna get hired, I know the boss and the ACP! Does that help:p

travelnate 06-30-2009 06:47 PM

my bad. I'll stop watching the dockets then. You are right.

jdlilfan 06-30-2009 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozpilot414 (Post 637317)
just because you have a heart beat and a Comm SEL does not mean you qualify..... they have enough idiots...

But what if I just stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

Ozpilot414 07-02-2009 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi208 (Post 637589)
What about me what if I wanna get hired, I know the boss and the ACP! Does that help:p


Your a quitter and will be shunned by all....I am probably going to get fired for talking to you now! Damn you and your Twin Turbine Mr....:D

Ozpilot414 07-02-2009 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdlilfan (Post 637782)
But what if I just stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night?


Well that's a different story...Your hired.....Did you get your licenses out of a cracker jack box or send it in with your 5 coupons from your breakfast cereal?

Its going to be hot in Memphis!..Damn Hot!

Ozpilot414 07-02-2009 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travelnate (Post 637724)
my bad. I'll stop watching the dockets then. You are right.


good girl............

jdlilfan 07-03-2009 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozpilot414 (Post 638609)
Well that's a different story...Your hired.....Did you get your licenses out of a cracker jack box or send it in with your 5 coupons from your breakfast cereal?

Actually I bought it from an infomercial at 3am. When I heard, "You too, can make millions being a commercial pilot", I should have known something was amiss.

Luv2Rotate 07-03-2009 11:26 AM

The trade off is having to move to Memphis..... Ever watch "The First 48"??? Always in Memphis!

AtlCSIP 07-06-2009 07:03 PM

Commutable
 
If someone could get in and out of Memphis easily, is it a commutable schedule?

Spoilers 07-06-2009 07:15 PM

Where did you guys' callsgin "Sasquatch" come from? LOL :p

Ozpilot414 07-06-2009 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlCSIP (Post 640436)
If someone could get in and out of Memphis easily, is it a commutable schedule?

It is not commutable nor is the one in Portland but people do it but the day they miss one round trip i get the feeling they will not be flying here anymore....Sasquatch comes from our great sense of humor. Also we own Wings of Alaska and yetti was taken so Sasquatch was the next best thing. plus the other names were people chose were boring...

hi208 07-06-2009 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozpilot414 (Post 640495)
It is not commutable nor is the one in Portland but people do it but the day they miss one round trip i get the feeling they will not be flying here anymore....Sasquatch comes from our great sense of humor. Also we own Wings of Alaska and yetti was taken so Sasquatch was the next best thing. plus the other names were people chose were boring...

We came up some great call signs that one night in Kona, but a lot of them were really inappropriate! Ha Ha

Ozpilot414 07-06-2009 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi208 (Post 640498)
We came up some great call signs that one night in Kona, but a lot of them were really inappropriate! Ha Ha

I think that was for Mokulele not for Seaport though...or was I that drunk I cant really recall.......

hi208 07-07-2009 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozpilot414 (Post 640509)
I think that was for Mokulele not for Seaport though...or was I that drunk I cant really recall.......


We where really really drunk at Lulu's (I think that is how you spell it)

Ozpilot414 07-07-2009 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi208 (Post 640656)
We where really really drunk at Lulu's (I think that is how you spell it)


Its is and yes I was monday through sunday... woop woop

IC ALL 07-07-2009 10:27 AM

Cheap Steinlager there....

Ozpilot414 07-07-2009 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IC ALL (Post 640807)
Cheap Steinlager there....


You just got to get to know the bartenders and the next thing you know your drinking all the top shelf tequila and doing shots with them....so I have heard....

PropDriver 07-10-2009 07:31 AM

Do you guys have CASS or nonrev benefits on any airlines?

Ozpilot414 07-10-2009 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PropDriver (Post 642490)
Do you guys have CASS or nonrev benefits on any airlines?


We do have agreements with some airlines and we and trying to get into CASS but a few pilots dont want to pay the start up fee or the 12 bucks a month for the privilege....Here's my problem with that..We are not a union so have no union dues...we are a small airline so this is a big deal for us...cost...12 bucks a month....times 12 months 144 bucks a year....whats a round trip from Portland to LA going for these days.... I looked....279 form united 288 for DELTA 228 on jet blue So in one round trip you would have paid it off....I just dont understand some people...This could be a great thing for us but.....because of a few tight wadds who dont want to stimulate the economy.....Oh the anger.....RANT OVER

travelnate 07-10-2009 02:19 PM

BB/TS had the pilots at Mokulele cough up the costs of CASS, something tells me it was a few thousand to implement. Yet I got them to pay for ID90T, go figure.

SurferLucas 07-10-2009 02:48 PM

Any chance of SeaPort hiring now that they've won the EAS out of Memphis? A friend of mine that's furloughed QX (he's a Capt at SeaPort now), seems to think there's a good chance of it...

Any thoughts?

Ozpilot414 07-13-2009 09:41 AM

Ground school is going on as we speak for the people that will replace the 5 moving to Memphis. Then they will begin hiring people in Memphis to be based in MEM for the new operation....

CaptainTeezy 07-13-2009 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozpilot414 (Post 644184)
Ground school is going on as we speak for the people that will replace the 5 moving to Memphis. Then they will begin hiring people in Memphis to be based in MEM for the new operation....


Hey Oz...I am from the Memphis Area...I was just wondering if they are only taking internal recs at this time or are they going to advertise to the public? And what will the mins be??? Thanks.

Ozpilot414 07-14-2009 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainTeezy (Post 644334)
Hey Oz...I am from the Memphis Area...I was just wondering if they are only taking internal recs at this time or are they going to advertise to the public? And what will the mins be??? Thanks.


They were going to put it on climbto350 but with a million pilots on the street right now they are holding off i guess. I would just send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] and let him know who you are and where you are and get put in the pile that he already has...sorry its a pilot eat pilot world now. to my knowledge they are going to hire 15 pilots 10 FOs and 5 Captains.....capts have to have IFR 135 mins FOs commercial

Spoilers 07-14-2009 06:54 AM

I've been sending resumes/updates to Cullen since November 2008. I got an email back once from him with all the info on pay, schedule, etc. I think he has my e-mail set to his Spam folder by now.... HaHa!:p

PropDriver 07-14-2009 12:37 PM

Do any of you guys think Seaport will put in a bid for Padukah, KY and Tupelo, MS now that Delta is putting them up for EAS bidding? Mesaba does those flights now in the Saab out of Memphis but not as EAS routes. In order for Delta to get EAS funding, the flights have to go through an open bidding session.

Ozpilot414 07-20-2009 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PropDriver (Post 644868)
Do any of you guys think Seaport will put in a bid for Padukah, KY and Tupelo, MS now that Delta is putting them up for EAS bidding? Mesaba does those flights now in the Saab out of Memphis but not as EAS routes. In order for Delta to get EAS funding, the flights have to go through an open bidding session.


Rumor around the water cooler is We hope so...it seems our Memphis base will be larger than our Portland Base.....but of course that's all contingent on the economy and if we receive the EAS contracts...plus its still all rumor and conjecture at this point

FL450 08-05-2009 05:10 AM

Has anyone heard anything from Cullen or been called for an interview:confused:

Ozpilot414 08-05-2009 08:58 AM

He is on his way to Memphis...He has to get things set up first...Organized if you will....Then when he is ready.....he will call

FL450 08-19-2009 05:16 PM

Seaport has an Ad on 350 best of luck to all applicants:)

Spoilers 08-19-2009 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FL450 (Post 665064)
Seaport has an Ad on 350 best of luck to all applicants:)

Open the resume floodgates;) Better have some PC12 time and/or Internal recommendation.

minimwage4 08-19-2009 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FL450 (Post 665064)
Seaport has an Ad on 350 best of luck to all applicants:)

That's weird I sent them a resume at least twice the last few months.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:30 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright 2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands