Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Finders Fee?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 08:22 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Default Finders Fee?

I have been approached by an individual who would like to add his jet to our 135 certificate. Lately I have been working as a middle man between said individual and company. I know full well that adding another jet to the certificate will include more work for me and revenue for the company. My question is, what is a reasonable finders fee to ask for from my company? Some have said a flat rate and others a percentage. The airplane is a light jet and would double our turbine fleet currently consisting of 1 jet.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:25 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: Just a broker now.

I would definatly ask for 10% of the difference of the AR and AP everytime that plane is sold on a run. So really, 10% of the profit. That's my two cents...it also depends how far up the company you are.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:03 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: On top.

Is your 135 certificate going to be doing all the dispatching, maintenance, are the pilots working for him or your 135 certificate, who pays who, etc, etc.

FAA is working very hard on operational control, if this is even close to a wet lease scenario, you and your company are doomed! It is up to you, don't know your position within this company, but be very careful.

As for the money part, I would go with a % of the profits. But that is because I tend to be a nice guy, most would charge a flat fee. That way they are getting paid the same each month, without changes. No matter how much or how little they fly.

http://www.faa.gov/other_visit/aviat.../info08005.pdf

Air Transportation Division 135 Air Carrier Operations Branch

http://www.faa.gov/other_visit/aviat...control_qa.pdf