Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Aero Charter And Transport (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/35945-aero-charter-transport.html)

Aspen 01-20-2009 01:26 PM

Aero Charter And Transport

Anyone know anything about Aero Charter And Transport INC.

Any info on them?

I've heard they need pilots for ADS????

Thanks

mjaair 01-21-2009 07:55 AM

The pay is alright $185 a day. I made lots more than any of my regional buddies. Some good old single pilot IFR flying. They can ship you around the system. The planes are held together with baling wire. I worked for them and had fun and met a lot of great guys. Some night runs some day runs. Plan on long days and hanging out sleeping in the plane. I hear they have loads of resumes. I could ask around though to find out...
The ADS base is pretty low key. I think they only keep one plane and a spare out there.

Aspen 01-29-2009 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by mjaair (Post 542076)
The pay is alright $185 a day. I made lots more than any of my regional buddies. Some good old single pilot IFR flying. They can ship you around the system. The planes are held together with baling wire. I worked for them and had fun and met a lot of great guys. Some night runs some day runs. Plan on long days and hanging out sleeping in the plane. I hear they have loads of resumes. I could ask around though to find out...
The ADS base is pretty low key. I think they only keep one plane and a spare out there.

Sleeping on the plane?
They don’t provide company Apt. or hotel for over night routes?

baling wire? You must be kidding

Boris Badenov 01-29-2009 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Aspen (Post 548019)
Sleeping on the plane?

I don't think you're cut out for this kind of work.

mjaair 01-30-2009 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by Aspen (Post 548019)
Sleeping on the plane?

Of course I am kidding about the baling wire. However, I am not kidding about the sleeping around, in the back of, or on some worn out couch at an FBO that is in the middle of nowhere. Yes, you have to load your own airplanes. Its a fun job because I really like twin cessnas. I had to move on though for a better QOL.

Twin Wasp 01-30-2009 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Boris Badenov (Post 548086)

Just wait till you work for a company that super glues a spark plug in because it has already blown out the largest helicoil they could get. The truly amazing thing is it held for about 10 hours!

Aspen 01-30-2009 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Boris Badenov (Post 548086)

What make you think that Boris Badenov?

The problem is that if you as a pilot allow that to happened, you are also in violation not only the company. If you run out of duty time, the company needs to provide you with a place to get rest or something like that.

Boris Badenov: Did you work for then on the past and had a bad experience

Originally Posted by mjaair (Post 548414)
Of course I am kidding about the baling wire. However, I am not kidding about the sleeping around, in the back of, or on some worn out couch at an FBO that is in the middle of nowhere. Yes, you have to load your own airplanes. Its a fun job because I really like twin cessnas. I had to move on though for a better QOL.

Loading your own plane and get some rest while on duty, that’s a different story. I think that’s normal. I guess all companies have there stuff, but for $45,000-$50,000 a year, I think I can deal with sleeping on a couch at an FBO in the middle of nowhere. Plus if you upgrade in the future to their Caravan, PC-12 or Citation I don’t think it will be that bad.

But my question: is there is anything illegal on there operation or on there procedure?