Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Simcom

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 06:09 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Default Simcom

I will be attending my first ever Simcom training event next week for an initial in a single engine turboprop. Just curious as to what materials (if any) I should bring? I imagine they have manuals, checklists, emergency procedures checklists, etc that they hand out. I will bring notebooks, pens, calculator, etc, (typical ground school stuff) but was curious should I bring approach plates for the sim or are things like that also provided?

thanks in advance.....
Old 01-17-2009, 07:01 AM
New Hire

Position: Corporate Jet

They will provide everything you need. Did they send you a list of items to bring with you? Passport , logbook and personal items. Try to stay at the Marriot Courtyard they get free breakfast to pilots. The guys at simcom are very nice and will assist you in every aspect of your training. GOOD LUCK and Relax!! Study early don't wait til the last night before the oral .
Old 01-17-2009, 07:14 AM
New Hire

Thanks ibepilot. I will have my passport, logbook, certificates, medical, etc. Thanks for the tip on the Courtyard Marriot...thats actually where I will be staying so I am glad to hear free breakfast for pilots! Thanks for the tips and advice!

Corporateflyer
Old 01-17-2009, 10:13 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: A320

Having been through too many intial & recurrents at FSI and airline schoolhouses 3 words come to mind...cooperate and graduate. Don't be THAT guy in class. There's always one, everytime never fails. Good luck at least you don't have to take a FED type ride!
Old 01-17-2009, 10:33 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: BE-20, RA390

Havent been there in a while, but They will give you everything.

When I went, I used to like Hawthorne Suites---good rate and free breakfast as well as reception at night.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:24 PM
New Hire

Thanks cgtpilot and gauleypilot. I have also been through a couple initials/recurrents as well as one airline schoolhouse and you hit it right on the nose!...there is ALWAYS one..kinda get a chuckle out of it..

Anyway, this one shouldn't be too bad, no type ride at the end..most likely a mock type checkride and some sort of systems exam im sure....nothing I haven't seen before.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:27 PM
Flying Farmer

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Turbo-props' and John Deere's

Originally Posted by GauleyPilot View Post
Havent been there in a while, but They will give you everything.

When I went, I used to like Hawthorne Suites---good rate and free breakfast as well as reception at night.

I stayed here also, I've only been once, but it was a nice place, good breakfast. Now the Hooters down the street, that's some "quality" parts that they don't have here in the Midwest(so there's some custom body-work on most)
Old 01-23-2009, 07:06 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: Cessna 205

If you have a company checklist or procedures it doesn't hurt to bring that as well.