Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Locair??

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 05:23 AM
Day puke

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: Out.
Default Locair??

Any info other than what the website says?

Thanks
Old 01-27-2009, 09:14 AM
Gets Tue/Wed and Sat Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008

I sent them a resume since I have Metro time and a type. This was a week or 2 ago and I haven't heard a thing.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:54 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Default Locair

A good friend of my works there. What do you want to know?
Old 02-02-2009, 11:14 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007

Don't know what he wants to know, but I'm interested in the typical pay/qol questions (for the PIC) as well as the viability of this southern KY operation they're opening. I'd love to get back to KY, but don't want to move and then lose the job/be asked to move again.

Thanks.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:09 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: 'Bus Driver Right Seat

Originally Posted by Boris Badenov View Post
Don't know what he wants to know, but I'm interested in the typical pay/qol questions (for the PIC) as well as the viability of this southern KY operation they're opening. I'd love to get back to KY, but don't want to move and then lose the job/be asked to move again.

Thanks.
AMF is also hiring in the area for CVG and SDF.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:49 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008

Locair is running the KY operation under Air Azul. Somerset to BNA. Using Signature at BNA instead of the terminal. Metroliners outfitted in Combi-9 seats. They also do charter out of FXE/FLL area and have a scheduled cargo gig to Haiti.

Looking into expanding into to subsidy stuff in Pittsburgh and in Oregon. Possibly other states/ cities as well.

Everyone in the company seems friendly. Chief pilot was nice and helpful but I wasn't typed in the metro so they weren't interested...
Old 02-04-2009, 07:13 AM
Gets Tue/Wed and Sat Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008

I'm typed and have over 800 hours in the Metro, sent them a couple of resumes via 350. Haven't heard a thing...it's been a couple weeks to a month. All I can figure is that I'm out west and they want someone closer.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:41 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007

Originally Posted by freightdog View Post
AMF is also hiring in the area for CVG and SDF.
Word on the street is they're doing "open basing", which I read to mean "If we hire you and you pass training, we'll tell you where we need you". Wouldn't mind an ATP and a type, and I'd love to get back to SDF, but between the pay cut and the possibility of winding up in Billings next winter fiddling with the Janitrol on a Ho...

I imagine in this economy they'll have an avalanche of applications anyway, but if anyone hears that they're willing to guarantee bases...drop me a line!

Thanks.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:13 AM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by jdlilfan View Post
Locair is running the KY operation under Air Azul. Somerset to BNA. Using Signature at BNA instead of the terminal. Metroliners outfitted in Combi-9 seats. They also do charter out of FXE/FLL area and have a scheduled cargo gig to Haiti.

Looking into expanding into to subsidy stuff in Pittsburgh and in Oregon. Possibly other states/ cities as well.

Everyone in the company seems friendly. Chief pilot was nice and helpful but I wasn't typed in the metro so they weren't interested...

What he said is spot on. It's a startup and there have been growing pains but things are looking up. When I saw the ad on 350 I called my friend and he said he had a stack of resumes to the ceiling. Currency on the Metro is a must have.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:18 AM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by Boris Badenov View Post

Thanks.
The Kentucky thing is through the Essential Air Service Act (or whatever it's called) so as long as they can keep the birds staffed and running the govt. will keep writing the checks.

As far as QOL in the KY gig you can get on the airazul website and see the sched. Last I heard it was just one crew. I have no idea about the pay.

Some of this info might have changed but I can call my buddy and ask him any specific questions you might have, except for pay. Not his dept.