Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Bayside, Flightexpress, and Airnet

Old 09-07-2009, 09:22 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: Trying not to crash
Default Bayside, Flightexpress, and Airnet

Any guys in the know- does it seem likely that Airnet and Flightexpress pilots will operate under one seniority list? Is this the direction that Bayside is moving in, or not really? Thanks.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:20 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008

Airnet pilots would flip out if there were a TRUE merged list.

Without some modifications, it basically means someone who's been in a FLX baron for a few years could conceivably jump every piston pilot at Airnet and move straight to SIC Learjet. And many twin piston pilots at Airnet may be bumped down to a 210.

But then again, anything could happen. I'm not sure which one makes more business sense to Bayside, but I assume that which is cheaper would probably win out.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:14 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008

That is not necessarily a bad thing.

Reason: Bayside has been giving FLX many of AirNet's runs. In return AirNet has furloughed and FLX has been hiring. If the lists (and companies) were merged it would theoretically prevent AirNet from fuloughing. As far as senority being an issue for upgrade into bigger and faster things. I am not sure it would affect AirNet very much. FLX has about 35 pilots at the moment and not many have been with FLX for more than a couple of years. AirNet has about 110 active pilots according to APC and many of the current junior pilots have been with AirNet for about 2-3 years. Not to mention that many of the pilots at FLX who are senior will not likely be leaving their current base to fly a baron since most of them are comfortable where they are and only work at FLX because of the bases that they have.

That being said; I do not think it will happen, or if it does it will be years from now, but then again I might be proven wrong.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:29 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008

Originally Posted by FlyingPirate View Post
That is not necessarily a bad thing.

Reason: Bayside has been giving FLX many of AirNet's runs. In return AirNet has furloughed and FLX has been hiring. If the lists (and companies) were merged it would theoretically prevent AirNet from fuloughing. As far as senority being an issue for upgrade into bigger and faster things. I am not sure it would affect AirNet very much. FLX has about 35 pilots at the moment and not many have been with FLX for more than a couple of years. AirNet has about 110 active pilots according to APC and many of the current junior pilots have been with AirNet for about 2-3 years. Not to mention that many of the pilots at FLX who are senior will not likely be leaving their current base to fly a baron since most of them are comfortable where they are and only work at FLX because of the bases that they have.

That being said; I do not think it will happen, or if it does it will be years from now, but then again I might be proven wrong.
1. Not for Flight Express.

2. It would also delay Airnet from recalling its furloughed pilots, i.e. Me.

3. The lowest ~30 pilots have been there less than 2 years.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:02 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2009
Position: Jetstream 3201 ....right

it seems logical to merger the two companies altogether but what do I know. I know a couple guys in Nashville that have been with FLX for 5 years or more but both commute 4 hours or so every week. One for sure will quit flying before he moves and the other, I don't know but I don't think he's gonna move either. So I agree that it wouldn't cause much of a stir. Why don't you airnet guys go to FLX and get your old run back. He he he. Truthfully thought the whole things sounds [messed up]

Last edited by USMCFLYR; 09-07-2009 at 05:59 PM.