Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Flight Express

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 07:44 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Default Flight Express

Does anyone know if they are currently hiring?
Old 08-25-2009, 09:07 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Originally Posted by arizonastpilot View Post
Does anyone know if they are currently hiring?
Not now. We just started a class yesterday. If the number of pilots they need don't make it through training they will likely have another class next month, however I believe they had enough apps to fill those spots as well.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:25 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2009

Is thr training intense?
Old 08-25-2009, 01:50 PM
Gets Weekends Off

No not really. Most people who don't make it, don't make it because they didn't study or they found out that they are going to be based where they wanted to be. The checkride is actually just an instrument/commercial checkride with the addition of cmpany flows, but anywhere you go will have flows to memorize.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:26 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: C210

Read the material that they ask you to, and put a little study in. Everyone there is great, all they ask is read the material and give your 100%. The new recruiter Adam is a nice guy.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:56 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2009
Position: Jetstream 3201 ....right

FLX is a great company and I hated to leave it. My understanding is that they are pretty fat on pilots for once. Perhaps someone could verify the rumor that two drivers are headed to BNA, one 210 and one Baron. I find that odd but whatever. Just keep in touch with Adam and you should stay on top of the list. As with any company you just want to make sure you don't fall off the radar. As far as studying, try to learn the duty times and humor them by knowing airport surface markings. Probably no Austin's Easy Guide on that one but the AIM is great if you don't know them.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:24 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2008

I got an email today about a new class date. I live in Florida and was wondering about spots in Orlando or Tampa? What do the guys do that get base out of state, does that require a move and is it worth it?
Old 09-02-2009, 01:26 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Tink View Post
I got an email today about a new class date. I live in Florida and was wondering about spots in Orlando or Tampa? What do the guys do that get base out of state, does that require a move and is it worth it?
Good luck trying to get either Tampa or Orlando. They are pretty much full of all senior guys. As far as moving goes; I know numerous guys who quit after a month or so because they couldn't hack being away from "home". Just realize that things do change a lot and you have to be prepared to be flexible.

I think they were in need of about 10 pilots, last I heard 4 made it to ground school and not sure how many made it to flight training.

good luck!
Old 09-02-2009, 02:07 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008

Got the email as well, already replied. I'm from Orlando but I'm ready to go where ever. A friend of mine (who has never flown for Flight Express) told me he has heard several stories of people failing out of training for stupid reasons. Obviosuly I'll take this with a grain of salt but anyone know if training is anything amazing (I'm a furloughed 121 guy)? Thanks all!
Old 09-02-2009, 09:40 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2009
Position: Jetstream 3201 ....right

They do have a pretty high failure rate but mostly because people can't fly the old steam gauges. Especially the ex airline guys. The ground training is pretty thorough but not hard. Mostly duty times and legal 135 flight planning. They put some tricky questions in there but you just have to know the rules. Also, know your airport surface markings. It's funny how many people get a 20 on that test. Great company though. They take good care of the pilots. I miss it.