Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Red Wing Aero? (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/38296-red-wing-aero.html)

Rbedell 04-01-2021 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by LLWS09R (Post 3212789)
Unless your family starving on the streets or there has been a recent change of management. I would stay away from them. Most companies I can extract at least one good thing out of them. With this company I can’t even plays devils advocate. Sure a management troll will claim all this good stuff but I know too many MSP pilots that have PTSD from this company...

Alright thanks. I wasn’t sure if things would be changing due to XO taking ownership. I wouldn’t think XO would want the terrible name Red Wong has.

LLWS09R 04-02-2021 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Rbedell (Post 3214921)
Alright thanks. I wasn’t sure if things would be changing due to XO taking ownership. I wouldn’t think XO would want the terrible name Red Wong has.

Yeah hate to spoil your hopes on this one Xojet did buy them. However they have made it abundantly clear they are keeping the operation separate. That in its self is odd. They want the network and support just not the employees boosted to Xojet standards. Go figure as Xojet a highly respected operation for the most part amongst pilot and the 135 charter world.

LLWS09R 04-04-2021 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by Rbedell (Post 3214921)

One of my coworkers said Xojet hiring again and received an email from them. Might toss your resume there way.

Peabody17 04-04-2021 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by LLWS09R (Post 3216432)
One of my coworkers said Xojet hiring again and received an email from them. Might toss your resume there way.

XO Crew Resources (XOCR) has opened an announcement for CL-350s. They also fly Globals but no announcement for that. The compensation and work/HR rules are very different between XOCR and XO Aviation (XOAV). Be sure you know what you’re applying for...

B727DRVR 04-04-2021 01:10 PM

I heard that the Round Table was working

I heard that the Round Table was addressing this pay and benefits disparity between the XO/Vista sides.. Also, I heard that Atlantic Bucks and Rental Cars might be coming back, which is awesome... Are you all getting used to the new uniforms for the XO side? They look pretty nice, although I’m sure that they are not as comfortable. But you are certain to get more tips in that get up! LOL..

Peabody17 04-06-2021 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by B727DRVR (Post 3216683)
I heard that the Round Table was addressing this pay and benefits disparity between the XO/Vista sides.. Also, I heard that Atlantic Bucks and Rental Cars might be coming back, which is awesome... Are you all getting used to the new uniforms for the XO side? They look pretty nice, although I’m sure that they are not as comfortable. But you are certain to get more tips in that get up! LOL..

I’m not privy as to what the RT may be working on with respect to XO/Vista or Atlantic bucks. Not sure what you mean about rental cars as we have freely had them available whenever needed or desired. While the uniforms are not as comfortable as before, they haven’t been all that bad and it’s what the boss wants. And yes, I do get more compliments when I wear it. Who knew everyone likes a red tie?

TexasLonghorn 04-13-2021 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mclovin3610 (Post 3213056)
Has anyone interview with this company recently. Can you share experience ?

Well, they're currently doing a bait-and-switch on LinkedIn, advertising for PIC positions on airframes they don't have, and offering candidates who interview for those XL positions a spot on a V with the ability to upgrade when they receive the XLs. Considering they were supposed to add Xs back in 2016 which they still don't have 5 years later, I wouldn't be holding my breath for those XLs.

How's that for an interview experience?

All you have to do is look at this board for about 5 minutes to draw your conclusions about the company. Their reputation is well-deserved. People who want to ask 'why are you so negative about this company' have obviously never worked with them.

Majuro33 04-17-2021 06:13 PM

Either way it seems like they are being pretty particular about who they give offers and interviews to. One friend got an interview but a thanks but no thanks. I haven’t even gotten a email asking me to go bugger off.

Chikka 06-13-2021 06:15 PM

Any recent experiences of this company? Any changes with the new owners, better, worse, interviews, work schedule?
Thanks in advance.

gafly 08-15-2021 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by Chikka (Post 3249720)
Any recent experiences of this company? Any changes with the new owners, better, worse, interviews, work schedule?
Thanks in advance.

I just went through the interview process and was told there is flow towards XO. I believe their chief pilot comes from Vista. Anybody has 2021ish recent experience here?