Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Red Wing Aero?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2021, 04:56 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2021

Originally Posted by LLWS09R View Post
Unless your family starving on the streets or there has been a recent change of management. I would stay away from them. Most companies I can extract at least one good thing out of them. With this company I can’t even plays devils advocate. Sure a management troll will claim all this good stuff but I know too many MSP pilots that have PTSD from this company...
Alright thanks. I wasn’t sure if things would be changing due to XO taking ownership. I wouldn’t think XO would want the terrible name Red Wong has.
Old 04-02-2021, 10:07 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by Rbedell View Post
Alright thanks. I wasn’t sure if things would be changing due to XO taking ownership. I wouldn’t think XO would want the terrible name Red Wong has.
Yeah hate to spoil your hopes on this one Xojet did buy them. However they have made it abundantly clear they are keeping the operation separate. That in its self is odd. They want the network and support just not the employees boosted to Xojet standards. Go figure as Xojet a highly respected operation for the most part amongst pilot and the 135 charter world.
Old 04-04-2021, 05:36 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Rbedell View Post
One of my coworkers said Xojet hiring again and received an email from them. Might toss your resume there way.
Old 04-04-2021, 12:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: Poolside

Originally Posted by LLWS09R View Post
One of my coworkers said Xojet hiring again and received an email from them. Might toss your resume there way.
XO Crew Resources (XOCR) has opened an announcement for CL-350s. They also fly Globals but no announcement for that. The compensation and work/HR rules are very different between XOCR and XO Aviation (XOAV). Be sure you know what you’re applying for...
Old 04-04-2021, 01:10 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Thumbs up I heard that the Round Table was working

I heard that the Round Table was addressing this pay and benefits disparity between the XO/Vista sides.. Also, I heard that Atlantic Bucks and Rental Cars might be coming back, which is awesome... Are you all getting used to the new uniforms for the XO side? They look pretty nice, although I’m sure that they are not as comfortable. But you are certain to get more tips in that get up! LOL..
Old 04-06-2021, 09:27 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: Poolside

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
I heard that the Round Table was addressing this pay and benefits disparity between the XO/Vista sides.. Also, I heard that Atlantic Bucks and Rental Cars might be coming back, which is awesome... Are you all getting used to the new uniforms for the XO side? They look pretty nice, although I’m sure that they are not as comfortable. But you are certain to get more tips in that get up! LOL..
I’m not privy as to what the RT may be working on with respect to XO/Vista or Atlantic bucks. Not sure what you mean about rental cars as we have freely had them available whenever needed or desired. While the uniforms are not as comfortable as before, they haven’t been all that bad and it’s what the boss wants. And yes, I do get more compliments when I wear it. Who knew everyone likes a red tie?
Old 04-13-2021, 02:02 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2016

Originally Posted by Mclovin3610 View Post
Has anyone interview with this company recently. Can you share experience ?
Well, they're currently doing a bait-and-switch on LinkedIn, advertising for PIC positions on airframes they don't have, and offering candidates who interview for those XL positions a spot on a V with the ability to upgrade when they receive the XLs. Considering they were supposed to add Xs back in 2016 which they still don't have 5 years later, I wouldn't be holding my breath for those XLs.

How's that for an interview experience?

All you have to do is look at this board for about 5 minutes to draw your conclusions about the company. Their reputation is well-deserved. People who want to ask 'why are you so negative about this company' have obviously never worked with them.
Old 04-17-2021, 06:13 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2021

Either way it seems like they are being pretty particular about who they give offers and interviews to. One friend got an interview but a thanks but no thanks. I haven’t even gotten a email asking me to go bugger off.
Old 06-13-2021, 06:15 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2021

Any recent experiences of this company? Any changes with the new owners, better, worse, interviews, work schedule?
Thanks in advance.
Old 08-15-2021, 04:10 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2021

Originally Posted by Chikka View Post
Any recent experiences of this company? Any changes with the new owners, better, worse, interviews, work schedule?
Thanks in advance.
I just went through the interview process and was told there is flow towards XO. I believe their chief pilot comes from Vista. Anybody has 2021ish recent experience here?