Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Red Wing Aero?

Old 01-03-2018, 08:21 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Default I concur...

Originally Posted by thedud View Post
Choices are what makes a career. Especially in today’s market. Choose wisely.
I concur. Kind of a cryptic post, but I definitely agree.

However, I was just bringing up the disparity of the description of the pay, QOL, etc. by the former employees versus what is listed on the Orange job site. 8/6 schedule, ASAP Program, 21 gateways, and $92,000 starting PIC equals or exceeds Wheels Up, Flexjet, TMC Jets, and many other 91K and 135 operators. Somebody is telling the facts and and someone is telling alternative facts, or old facts. I know from former Part 135 experience that getting an ASAP program is no easy task and no true scumbag 135 operator is going to get approved for one, much less even want one. That is why so few Part 135 operators ever get approved for one.

Again, 8/6 schedule, high 5 figure starting Captain pay, FAA ASAP Program, basically home, or at least 21 gateway basing, etc. do not a "bush league" company make. This is a quote from a former employee from just one month ago: "Please listen to Skipper13. He knows what he is talking about. The absolute worse when it comes to pay, QOL, schedule, training contract, etc. Owner hates pilots! Believe me when I say that..." From what I see from the Orange site, the above post is no longer true.

Again, no dog in this fight for me but I don't see how they can possibly say that this is the worst. If you have ever been to YIP or South FL, you know that this is not true and that there are A LOT WORSE places to work then a company with the schedule, pay, etc. described above.

No offense to the former employees.. I was just wondering where all the hate came from, and I do understand being a dissatisfied former employee. But I also know that companies that I moved on from got better after I left. Companies change; Wheels Up/Gama did, Executive Air Shares did, most or all the Regionals did, and it looks like Red Wing might have changed for the better as well.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:41 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2017

I was about to apply but when I ran across all these alleged red flags, that's when I took a step back. On paper, this is a great fit for me as I live in a gateway city. Good pay and standard 8/6 schedule considering.... being able to drop partial or WHOLE trips? Seriously? Being that my wife is the current bread winner, this is king and allows so much flexibility. So what are we missing?

I may just apply and perhaps interview just to "have a look". Worst case, I don't get it or I get an offer and it's not all roses. Hmmm....
Old 01-04-2018, 01:14 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Default I agree

I agree, Vanilla,

What is different on this thread, vs. the Flexjet/Options thread, is that there are current employees complaining on the Flex thread, but just an echo chamber of one or two EX-employees that seem to have a vendetta against the place. And I'm not saying that they don't have a reason to be angry, but it seems to be just them. Some of these posts can be just one person with two usernames as they are always referring back to each other. I'm not saying that this is the case here, but there are basically just two voices throughout this whole thread which are both loud and negative.

Now that's OK that they want to spread their word about the place, but it seems that their info is now inaccurate and not up to date.

Once again, an 8/6 schedule, starting PIC pay in the 90K's, basically home basing, and an FAA ASAP program do not add up to the place described by the former employees. Someone is reporting current facts and someone is reporting inaccurate, old, or alternative facts.

It will be interesting to see if there any current employees who can resolve these questions and find out whose right or, like so many times, the truth is somewhere in between.
Old 01-05-2018, 06:02 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: Begging for a crew meal

I think many of these type places have been forced to improve the general working conditions and benefits over the last year or two. They can't survive in the current and future climate without doing so.

I don't have any experience with Red Wing. Past gripes are probably legit. I just think some of the companies with bad reputations on this forum are coming around.
Old 01-05-2018, 07:23 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Talking

You don't think that maaaaaaaaaaybe there's a reason current employees aren't posting? I mean a reason other than they're too busy swimming in their money silos on their 29 days off?
Old 01-05-2018, 11:39 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: Begging for a crew meal

Originally Posted by Boris Badenov View Post
You don't think that maaaaaaaaaaybe there's a reason current employees aren't posting? I mean a reason other than they're too busy swimming in their money silos on their 29 days off?
Yup. That's exactly what I said....
Old 01-05-2018, 06:14 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Default Maaaaaybe....

Originally Posted by Boris Badenov View Post
No,

I don't think so..... Pilots with gripes from many other carriers post on here: Flex/Options, TMC Jets, Wheels Up/Gama, Altas, ABX, ATI, Jet Suite, etc, complain and warn other pilots on here all the time. Heck, even Netjets pilots complain; However, it is usually more than just two former employees quoting pay, schedules, etc. that are no longer valid. This isn't North Korea, is it? Pilots anywhere can make up an anonymous user name and post their gripes.

It's like reading a post from a regional pilot from 2012: Even at the worst regionals, things have drastically improved from 2008-2014. It doesn't sound like the posts above are current conditions, like the regional and Kalitta posts from the past. Like Starbucks said, companies have had to improve just to stay competitive. I' simply saying that it looks like they have.
Old 01-05-2018, 07:21 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2012
Position: F900 Captain
Default Career

Ok I’ve heard enough.
How is this company going to provide for you or your family long term. Guess what? They are not! Wake up and smell the coffee and grow up. If you want a long term job that provides for your needs and those of your family go elsewhere. This is the greatest pilot shortage of recent time. Go elsewhere. And enjoy pay, benefits, and quality of life. 8/6 = 13 days off a month in a crappy citation. Whatever,,,,,
Old 01-14-2018, 04:57 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018

If you are looking to end your career this is a place for you.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:40 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Can anybody describe the part-time work terms with Red Wing Aero?

Thanks Much!
G