Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007

Hide the pain Harold is spot on.
Attached Images
Old 11-11-2020, 06:21 AM
XOJET Citation X

Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: DO, Baker Aviation, Citation X

Article in Forbes on acquisition of Red Wings Aviation by XOJET wholly owned subsidiary of Vista Global.

Reports are 50 more light jets to be added to RA fleet. Good news for RA

https://www.forbes.com/sites/douggol...3c720f3428b9It was only a decade ago the best minds in business aviation believed the next big market for private jets was China and the Far East. What a difference 10 years does make.

Thomas Flohr's announcement this morning that he is immediately expanding his U.S. fleet with 15 Cessna Citation V Ultra light jets and has plans to grow it to more than 50 indicates around two-thirds of Vista Global's XO and VistaJet branded aircraft could be flying with N-registered tail numbers.

For a company that has made its name by flying billionaires and oligarchs on ultra-long-range jets from places like Almaty and Kinshasa to global capitals like Tokyo and London, the future suddenly looks like it will include a healthy dose of hops from Tulsa to Little Rock.

It's the type of flying that is the backbone of American business aviation, flights under two hours, often connecting cities where it's not efficient to drive, but without nonstop airline flights, making private travel a smart option.

In fact, a press release notes, “XO’s membership base has nearly doubled since April, and its new members, as well as existing customers, are increasingly looking for solutions for their short distance travels. Many flyers, living or working outside the major aviation hubs, are facing firsthand the restrictions resulting from deep reductions in commercial aviation services. A light jet is the perfect solution to travel short distances between underserved locations.”

Each aircraft will be upgraded to match cabin standards of the current XO fleet, the company said.

The move comes two years to the month after Flohr, VistaJet's founder and chairman, closed on his acquisition of XOJET and its 43 super-midsize jets. He followed that up by buying tech-focused broker JetSmarter. XO is the result of merging the charter sales units of the two companies.

Vista Global Holding Limited, Flohr's Dubai-based parent company, restricted by foreign ownership rules, has a minority stake in XOJET Aviation LLC, the Part 135 charter operator that flies his airplanes that are based here.

Of course, that's the point. Previously VistaJet had to outsource its U.S. registered aircraft operations to a third-party.

Needless to say, Flohr isn't the only one with a bullish outlook about America’s private aviation opportunity. U.K.-based brokers Air Partner, Air Charter Service, and Victor have all been expanding their footprint and the products they offer here.

Doubtless, there will be more overseas interest. McKinsey's recent study claimed less than 10% of U.S. households that can afford the private skies were partaking before COVID-19.

While changes in tax laws under a Biden administration may negate benefits of owning your jet that came under legislation put forward by President Trump, that may only spur interest in membership and charter solutions like the ones XO and VistaJet sell. Expect more announcements.
Old 12-11-2020, 12:06 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2019

Does the acquisition by XO change how Red Wing will operate? Or will they operate as two separate companies?
Old 12-14-2020, 05:08 AM
XOJET Citation X

Originally Posted by Dixie320 View Post
Does the acquisition by XO change how Red Wing will operate? Or will they operate as two separate companies?
As for now and the near future,separately we are told.

Hiring practices, training, ops no changes for now.

That being said, when VJ/XO joined together, those same areas were separate. Within 8 months INDOC for all groups occurred under one umbrella, work rules were modified slightly by VJ to move from 17/13 on the 350 to 15/13 like the XO 300 but still 17/13 on the Global, single paint scheme branding has been occurring across XO fleet (white paint out, gray paint in).

Pay scales are still different, hiring selection done by respective pilot group (XO candidates by XO team, VJ candidates by VJ team), dispatch ops is under one roof for those VJ tails on the XO certificate..would expect at some point RWA tails would all fall under XO/VJ ops process (officially XO doesn’t have dispatchers but from my experience the ops folks provide me 95% and sometime more than my old SWA dispatch use too.

Met a nice young RWA pilot at TEB on recent pass through, gave a tour of the X...seemed genuinely excited about the future with XO. All positive on future outlook of joint ops and I agreed. Flow through was asked but no discussion at this point. We don’t have flow between XO and VJ FYI...Unless one wants to apply separately for openings..haven’t heard of anyone doing that and if they have, none successful.
Old 01-18-2021, 12:45 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Originally Posted by B727 right seat View Post
Never, never waste your time at Red Wing Aeroplane Company. Financial contract for type rating, long hours, poor scheduling, treat you like a dog. I know, I worked there. The day I left was one of the happiest days of my life. I had no other position lined up, nothing. Once I got hired by my next employer, during the interview process the chief pilot burst out laughing when he read RWAC as my previous employer. Even he had stores to tell about them.

Are you ever NOT negative about anything?
Old 01-26-2021, 06:39 AM
XOJET Citation X

Thomas Flohr, CEO of Vista Global (Red Wing falls under VG), said the daily bookings for VG exceeds capacity by 30%.

The excess must be off-fleeted to others. Before RW acquisition that off-fleet for light jet requirements could've gone anywhere but the likelihood that those requirements would come directly to RW makes sense. Memberships in VG/XO travel programs increased 3x in 2020. Many of those were done at low or zero initial fees unlike pre-Covid.

When they come up for renewal, some may balk at paying the renewal annual fee but instead of losing them outright, VG/XO will have an affordable entry point for them with RW aircraft which will be at a lower cost per hour. The customer doesn't lose his "private jet" status but now flies with RW.

Some will leave, some will stay with VG/XO and others will choose a more budget friendly option with RW...having light jet options allows VG/XO to capture more money instead of it going out the door to competitors.
Old 03-26-2021, 02:54 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2021

New to the APC forums, but anyone know if their hiring minimums are hard numbers? Can time in type fudge other numbers? Or lots of multi time etc?
Old 03-29-2021, 05:57 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by Rbedell View Post
New to the APC forums, but anyone know if their hiring minimums are hard numbers? Can time in type fudge other numbers? Or lots of multi time etc?

Unless your family starving on the streets or there has been a recent change of management. I would stay away from them. Most companies I can extract at least one good thing out of them. With this company I can’t even plays devils advocate. Sure a management troll will claim all this good stuff but I know too many MSP pilots that have PTSD from this company...
Old 03-29-2021, 02:18 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2021
Default Interview

Has anyone interview with this company recently. Can you share experience ?