Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Red Wing Aero? (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/38296-red-wing-aero.html)

RiddleEagle18 03-19-2009 03:06 PM

Red Wing Aero?

Anyone? Pay? QOL? They do maint in Wisconsin and they also fly a citation. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about the charter side?

Spoilers 03-19-2009 03:12 PM

You must have seen the ad on Climbto350. I think it's strange they only require a Commercial Multi and 1000 TT to be an SIC in a Ciation, while every other company requires a type rating and type in type. Maybe they have a high turnover rate or something or crappy SIC pay or no pay? The mins. just seem a little low for this job, especially in this economy.

RiddleEagle18 03-19-2009 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Spoilers (Post 581130)
You must have seen the ad on Climbto350. I think it's strange they only require a Commercial Multi and 1000 TT to be an SIC in a Ciation, while every other company requires a type rating and type in type. Maybe they have a high turnover rate or something or crappy SIC pay or no pay? The mins. just seem a little low for this job, especially in this economy.

Yea it just seems like a weird post in general. The "this is a 135 job if you cant fly 100 hours a month and be gone 20 days" thing kinda turned me off but im just trying to find someone with some first hand knowledge.

skatergeek 03-19-2009 03:55 PM

I know somebody who used to work there. He really liked it until he tried to leave. They pulled some wierd stuff to get him to stay. They told him that he over flew a VOR check one time a while back and would report him to the FAA if he quit and stuff like that.

CRJDriver 03-19-2009 04:47 PM

I don't even see the job posting on Climbtoworthless anymore...

208FLYBOY1 03-26-2009 07:44 PM

I spoke with who was either the chief or the asst. cheif last week and he said that they are accepting resumes for those who are interested...

rogersmith 03-09-2013 07:39 AM

Does anyone have any current info on qol, schedule, interview, etc...? Anything would help. Thanks

Gjn290 03-09-2013 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by skatergeek (Post 581170)
I know somebody who used to work there. He really liked it until he tried to leave. They pulled some wierd stuff to get him to stay. They told him that he over flew a VOR check one time a while back and would report him to the FAA if he quit and stuff like that.

Couldn't he have just filed a NASA report? Seems hard to be able to control someone for over that.

beech1980 03-09-2013 01:11 PM

They will hire anyone with a commercial cert. pay is crappy 30k sic, 45k pic! You fly 20 days a month and there is no set schedule. You could be out for 5 days or 12 days at a time. Its a bottom feeder charter operation. I've known people that have worked there. When they tried to leave they do pull some shady stuff... They pull Hobbs meters just to get more flight time in between inspections. Just to name one major no no. But they will have a pile of low timers that don't give a s*]t about the bad stuff that goes on. They also sic type you at sim com! Which carries no weight if you plan on using that another company. Unless its from flight safety or simuflite. Most insurance companies won't accept it. Your life would be better not entering that mess.

gearcrankr 03-10-2013 08:45 AM

Skip RWAC. They travel you on your days off, have you sign a non prorated training contract and "base" you where ever/when ever it is convenient for them.
Upgrades are offered with another training contract.