Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Cape Air (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/39132-cape-air.html)

StanATZ 03-09-2019 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by Rcordeiro122592 (Post 2778117)
Training is typically a Monday - Friday schedule. Occasionally there will be a few instructors who will have weekend slots open for those who would like to get ahead in training.

Ok awesome, Thxs for the info

Nopasta 03-10-2019 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by KaiGywer (Post 2774997)
Thanks for the response :) GDV was just an idea to save on driving, while still having the option to continue westbound on 94 if need be.

I’m a BIL FO. The GDV flights are often pretty light. I would say it would be a fairly easy commute. They have 2 flights a day from BIL. As others have said it’s usually easy to get BIL right out of initial. Currently we are full on FOs but we have a few PICs that should upgrade in a few months.Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

maxconthrust 03-10-2019 11:56 AM

next class date for 2019

hi guys,

any idea as to when the next class date is?

thanks!

Nopasta 03-10-2019 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by maxconthrust (Post 2779256)
hi guys,

any idea as to when the next class date is?

thanks!

Possibly April. The training department is in Italy for tecnam training. No word yet on when they will be back.

TeamSasquatch 03-11-2019 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Nopasta (Post 2779594)
Possibly April. The training department is in Italy for tecnam training. No word yet on when they will be back.

How many a month/year do they plan to get?

maxconthrust 03-11-2019 07:43 AM

interviews

For anyone that has recently interviewed (last few months), would you mind giving the low down on how they are running the interviews nowadays? The latest gouges I can find are about a year old at least now, and I'm wondering if they have changed now that things are more competitive

blueskies27 03-11-2019 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by maxconthrust (Post 2779836)
For anyone that has recently interviewed (last few months), would you mind giving the low down on how they are running the interviews nowadays? The latest gouges I can find are about a year old at least now, and I'm wondering if they have changed now that things are more competitive

Interview was a couple months back but it was all still the same stuff from the gouges.

Jimmy8686 03-16-2019 07:20 PM

Can you request the amount of days on/off? Like if you prefer 3/4?
Is there a minimum you’re expected to work? I don’t need flight time so would prefer to let the junior guys get more hours.

BravoTango 03-17-2019 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Jimmy8686 (Post 2783959)
Can you request the amount of days on/off? Like if you prefer 3/4?
Is there a minimum you’re expected to work? I don’t need flight time so would prefer to let the junior guys get more hours.

You bid by seniority for bases and the for lines within the base. The schedule is predetermined by the line. From there you can swap or shift give with the cooperation of your base mate, which in small places is just the guy/gal that works the other half of the week covering that base (usually outstation).

Billings is a bit more flexible due to centralized basing, but same basic idea.

So not really, the flying has to be covered. There are on call pilots but I don’t believe they are generally new hires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxconthrust 04-01-2019 06:33 AM

Is there a training class for April?