Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

User Tag List

Old 03-21-2021, 05:03 PM   #2361  
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2019

What are the odds of getting in as a FO at their hiring minimums of 500tt and 15 me? I currently have around 250tt 25me and all the CFI ratings. While being a CFI is cool and all I donít think I see myself doing it the entire road to 1500. I have a family member with a 421 and while I know they arenít the exact same plane I know theyíre similar. Cape air has always interested me!
Old 03-23-2021, 10:26 PM   #2362  
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKitten229180 View Post
What are the odds of getting in as a FO at their hiring minimums of 500tt and 15 me? I currently have around 250tt 25me and all the CFI ratings. While being a CFI is cool and all I donít think I see myself doing it the entire road to 1500. I have a family member with a 421 and while I know they arenít the exact same plane I know theyíre similar. Cape air has always interested me!

Never hurts to put in an app. I know right now, I know of at least 2 people that meet mins that have an interview coming up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-25-2021, 05:44 AM   #2363  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: JetRight, JetLeft

What are the current junior bases for F/Os and for captains?

What is a realistic ballpark estimate for pay for both first year F/O and first year captains?

Thank you.

GP
Old 04-16-2021, 10:45 PM   #2364  
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2019

anyone in the May class dates?

what is the hiring forecast for 2021? new classes every month?
Old 04-17-2021, 06:06 AM   #2365  
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2021

The bases vary for what is junior and senior. From the vacancy bids since hiring has resumed it looks like junior for Captains is the Caribbean. For FO's it has been the midwest and Billings. If you are just getting hired and want the Northeast it will be a bit before it happens.

It appears it has been a class of 8 captains/fo's every 3 weeks with no signs of slowing down. The Tecnam is a very nice airplane and the company just ordered 10 more by the end of the year.

Overall I have liked my time at Cape Air and the training is good. However, be ready for the expectations of when you come here where you may spend a few months in Kirksville Missouri before you can go elsewhere.
Old 04-17-2021, 10:05 AM   #2366  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2011

Can you hold off on an upgrade at Cape Air in order to be able to do so later in a location that you want? Or if there is a vacancy and you have the required flight time, are you automatically upgrading and going to the most junior Captain base?

Just trying to see how it would work if you were a FO in the Midwest or Montana and wanted to avoid going to the Caribbean, so you waited to upgrade until your seniority could hold Captain where you were currently based.
Old 04-17-2021, 10:22 AM   #2367  
New Hire

You can't delay upgrade. As soon as you reach ATP minimums you will be sent to upgrade training and ATP-CTP. You will be required to bid on the next vacancy bid. I believe per the contract you may temp out of your current assigned base until that happens.

Per diem is $40.00 a day so that is a plus. However, besides the two system bids in October and May you just won't know until it comes. STL could be an option or it could be all St Thomas and San Juan.

The pay is decent, especially as a captain and it is nice being under a contract with pay guarantee's per week. You will fly a lot but unfortunately basing is very transient until you have seniority to know what you can hold.

The good news is Cape Air embraces they are a stepping stone and people are constantly leaving the company. If you want anything besides the Northeast it should be easier to obtain.
Old 04-17-2021, 12:46 PM   #2368  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalorian View Post
You can't delay upgrade. As soon as you reach ATP minimums you will be sent to upgrade training and ATP-CTP. You will be required to bid on the next vacancy bid. I believe per the contract you may temp out of your current assigned base until that happens.

Per diem is $40.00 a day so that is a plus. However, besides the two system bids in October and May you just won't know until it comes. STL could be an option or it could be all St Thomas and San Juan.

The pay is decent, especially as a captain and it is nice being under a contract with pay guarantee's per week. You will fly a lot but unfortunately basing is very transient until you have seniority to know what you can hold.

The good news is Cape Air embraces they are a stepping stone and people are constantly leaving the company. If you want anything besides the Northeast it should be easier to obtain.
Appreciate the honest info. Would commuting even remotely be a possible option to the Caribbean bases?
Old 04-17-2021, 06:25 PM   #2369  
Gets Mon-Sun Off

Joined APC: Aug 2016
Position: Up Front

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalorian View Post

St. Louis is a decent city. Used to live there. Stay away from living in the city (restaurants and nightlife are okay) and north St. Louis County. (the City and the County are completely separate. The City voted to succeed from the County in 1876 and has lived to regret it.) West County and St. Charles County are very nice if you think of moving there.
Old 04-18-2021, 04:41 AM   #2370  
New Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaputt View Post
Appreciate the honest info. Would commuting even remotely be a possible option to the Caribbean bases?

Commuting is doable but would 100% bite into your off-days. Even as an FO, right after training you get KCM and CASS privileges. UPS and Fedex make commuting more doable. However, at any base except for Billings you would need a crash-pad because you are back in base after each shift.