Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Cape Air

Old 10-29-2021, 08:09 PM
  #2431  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2018
Posts: 202
Default

A lot of northern New England bases were 100 hours a month…


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BravoTango is offline  
Old 11-21-2021, 06:37 AM
  #2432  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Feb 2020
Posts: 11
Default

Originally Posted by Tom727 View Post
Could you possibly give me some information on Cape Air Gray Gull program? Can you be a Union member as a Gray Gull? Is there a good working relationship between part time and full time pilots? Thanks!
the grey gulls isn't much of a program to my knowledge. its just Cape providing an advertisement saying we also hire old people over 65. And if you want part time they'll try and force you to do full time for awhile (since they're desperate for pilots and always will be). try not to fall for it. part time and on call does not receive any benefits to my knowledge.
ProfessionalSN is offline  
Old 11-21-2021, 10:06 AM
  #2433  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2018
Posts: 202
Default

Originally Posted by ProfessionalSN View Post
the grey gulls isn't much of a program to my knowledge. its just Cape providing an advertisement saying we also hire old people over 65. And if you want part time they'll try and force you to do full time for awhile (since they're desperate for pilots and always will be). try not to fall for it. part time and on call does not receive any benefits to my knowledge.

My read is that part of the reason to want a pilot full time initially is to get proficient. Show you’re up for the job. And the reason they can let 65+ retired 121 go part time is there isn’t extra benefits cost due to Medicare etc. Finally just generally the feeling that retired 121 adds desirable maturity and experience to the pilot group. Some have also instructed.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BravoTango is offline  
Old 11-24-2021, 10:04 AM
  #2434  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Oct 2021
Posts: 3
Default

They also have on-call pilots but getting into that category of the seniority list doesnt happen much these days.
whatdidATCsay is offline  
Old 12-04-2021, 11:11 AM
  #2435  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Apr 2021
Posts: 13
Default

Originally Posted by whatdidATCsay View Post
They also have on-call pilots but getting into that category of the seniority list doesnt happen much these days.

On-call pilots no longer exist unless you were grandfathered in. Cape seems to be hitting the pilot shortage gap as staffing continues to tighten.
Mandalorian is offline  
Old Yesterday, 12:01 AM
  #2436  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Oct 2021
Posts: 3
Default

Originally Posted by Mandalorian View Post
On-call pilots no longer exist unless you were grandfathered in. Cape seems to be hitting the pilot shortage gap as staffing continues to tighten.
Hasnt it gotten to the point they are cancelling flights due to lack of crew? Definitely seems like they've been losing pilots in droves... Shame because my nephew wants to fly for them after he gets his ratings.
whatdidATCsay is offline  
Old Yesterday, 06:27 AM
  #2437  
Why did l start.....???
 
Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: F/O
Posts: 123
Default

What ever happened to the seaplane operation they took over and moved from Florida to Boston ?
malc4d is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
freightdog
Regional
64
12-03-2009 03:17 PM
1515greenlight
Regional
5
04-08-2009 02:37 PM
cencal83406
Regional
17
02-03-2009 08:19 PM
Ozpilot414
Regional
1
01-05-2009 01:37 PM
zephyr
Part 135
68
09-21-2008 01:03 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread