Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Cape Air

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2022, 04:24 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2021

Originally Posted by stabilatoron View Post
Curious to hear from some Cape pilots who are/were in a pathway. I'm a CFI in the JetBlue Gateway and seriously considering Cape. I've heard that at its best, Cape is some of the best flying you will do in your career. There are many things that are appealing about it to me. What worries me is that I've heard unlike going to Skywest or Endeavor, getting hired at a major straight out of Cape may be near impossible if the gateway were to fall through for some reason. I would be back at square one then. Is this still the case with the pilot shortage at the majors?

What does the 1yr contract timeline look like for an R-ATP candidate? Is captain upgrade 1500hrs regardless? Would Cape be any quicker than a traditional regional for getting to JetBlue?

My main dilemma is do I take the shot and apply for Cape or continue instructing to R-ATP mins and go fly CRJ's like everyone else. Thank you in advance for your insight!

If you wanna fly for a legacy airline, you're wasting your time at cape air. DAL, UAL and I believe AA as well have a hard turbine time requirement at the moment. FDX and UPS have a hard TPIC requirement. Going to Cape Air in this hiring environment with goals of legacies isn't a smart move at all. At best with all your Cape Air time you'll be able to get hired at Spirit and B6. But the big 6 won't even look at your app.
Old 08-22-2022, 05:03 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2014

Originally Posted by FlannelDaddy View Post
If you wanna fly for a legacy airline, you're wasting your time at cape air. DAL, UAL and I believe AA as well have a hard turbine time requirement at the moment. FDX and UPS have a hard TPIC requirement. Going to Cape Air in this hiring environment with goals of legacies isn't a smart move at all. At best with all your Cape Air time you'll be able to get hired at Spirit and B6. But the big 6 won't even look at your app.

Yeah if you aren’t part of any of their programs, it’s worthless. Unless you want NetJets or Flexjet long term, i wouldn’t even contemplate it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-07-2022, 12:23 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2022

Originally Posted by deerwood View Post
If anyone has a friend or co worker that has gone through OMS sponsor incorporation to 9K I would appreciate a PM, just looking for a little orientation. Thank you!
I've PMed you, need some orientation too! Thanks!
Old 10-07-2022, 12:24 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2022

Originally Posted by maxconthrust View Post
dont waste your money with OMS. I paid 5500 to them and they just pocketed the money.

Shayne Epstein is a fraud. he should be disbarred and jailed for human trafficking!
I also PMed you, need some info about OMS. Thank you!!!
Old 01-05-2023, 11:17 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2022
Default Bases

What are the most likely bases for a junior captain to be assigned?
Old 01-24-2023, 06:52 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2022
Position: PA31-350; Left

Originally Posted by JosePocoLoco View Post
What are the most likely bases for a junior captain to be assigned?
I was told Montana by a friend that recently started there.
Old 01-29-2023, 03:19 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2022
Default FO Pay

Hello, can someone please provide insight on what an FO would realistically make? I have seen duty hourly pay anywhere from $11-$15 with minimum of 40 hours/week. I am in the JetBlue gateway and am planning on coming to Cape Air and am just trying to get an idea of what to expect. Thanks!
Old 02-04-2023, 06:26 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2021

Does anybody know if age 65+ pilots can fly in the Caribbean for Cape Air?
Old 02-17-2023, 04:55 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2022
Default Republic Flow Through

All,

Looking for some advice. I’m a currently SIC on a Citation part 135 and have only done about 250 hours in 8 months. My goals is to get to Delta, and reach 1000hrs turbine asap. I got an email from Republic about a flow through. Start at Cape Air as Captain and once you get to 700hours of part 135 PIC, move to republic as a DEC. Complete 300 hours in the right seat and then move over to Captain.

I already have 250 hours of qualifying time. Republic would pay for the ATP and I’m assuming get me flying quickly to upgrade. Is this a good idea, terrible idea???? Moving from turbine to no turbine time briefly. My problem is now, you can get any flying if you’re an FO right now and every regional I interview at is a class date in July, and I'm sure sit on reserve for a quite a long time.

I’ll add the deal is $2500 bonus at Cape after training, paid housing, and I’m hoping someway to commute or I guess suck it up and live in the housing. I have a serious girlfriend, no kids.

PS: the company I’m at is not a place I want to stay I will buy out the rest of my contract.
Old 02-17-2023, 04:13 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2019

Originally Posted by j12770 View Post
All,

Looking for some advice. I’m a currently SIC on a Citation part 135 and have only done about 250 hours in 8 months. My goals is to get to Delta, and reach 1000hrs turbine asap. I got an email from Republic about a flow through. Start at Cape Air as Captain and once you get to 700hours of part 135 PIC, move to republic as a DEC. Complete 300 hours in the right seat and then move over to Captain.

I already have 250 hours of qualifying time. Republic would pay for the ATP and I’m assuming get me flying quickly to upgrade. Is this a good idea, terrible idea???? Moving from turbine to no turbine time briefly. My problem is now, you can get any flying if you’re an FO right now and every regional I interview at is a class date in July, and I'm sure sit on reserve for a quite a long time.

I’ll add the deal is $2500 bonus at Cape after training, paid housing, and I’m hoping someway to commute or I guess suck it up and live in the housing. I have a serious girlfriend, no kids.

PS: the company I’m at is not a place I want to stay I will buy out the rest of my contract.
I would stay where your are. some points to consider:
1. turbine time will always be better than piston time.
2. jet time will always be better than turbine time.
3. better to have jet PIC or SIC before going to the Majors.
4. get your ATP on your own if the company won't pay for it. invest in yourself.
5. there is no rush to go to the majors since it is still a pilot's market.

Buying out your contract does not make sense and then downgrade to a piston that is 30 plus year old.

Last edited by maxconthrust; 02-17-2023 at 04:14 PM. Reason: grammar