Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Cape Air

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 12:18 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2018

Originally Posted by Nopasta View Post
How much multi time do you have? I would say to send in a application. Right now new hire training is paused for the busy summer. The first class will be in October.
I 28 hours dual received.
Old 06-21-2018, 02:37 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2018
Position: E175 First Officer

Originally Posted by TXWarEagle View Post
What's a hot start?
The term they used for coming in and starting almost immediately and 3 months before my class date.
Old 06-23-2018, 08:29 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2018
Default Congrats !

Originally Posted by HSSimkins View Post
Got my offer letter yesterday. It took about a week from interview to receive it. They are not sure when the class date is. The letter says Fall 2018, I was told 1st or 2nd week of October. No summer classes in the summer because all planes and instructors are flying. After a few offers from others, decided Cape Air was it for me. Look forward to hearing from anyone else hired for the same class.
Was hired on as FO with 1002TT and 40 Multi.
Originally Posted by pilotluke View Post
I will be in the fall class as well. Looks like there will be about 15-20 pilots in the class so it will be good for group study opportunities.
Originally Posted by pat67 View Post
I’ll be there as well.

I am in for FALL classes too ............ See you guys there !
& Congrats to all successful candidates !

I am new to this Country & forum, I got so much info on Cape air !
Old 07-11-2018, 08:04 PM
Line Holder

Default Training Update

Hi Everyone. Just thought I would update those that were hired for the fall. It looks like there are 4 of us that are starting on the 15th of this month that we supposed to be in the fall class. A few weeks ago, they sent over some new hire paperwork, like 80 pages or so. Needed to fill them out and send them back as well as email an electronic copy of them. This past Monday (one week before arriving in Hyannis), we started CBT. They enroll you in like 24 online modules/quizzes that you need to have finished before arriving in Hyannis. It is about 20-25 hours of online material (videos and PowerPoint slides). Materials cover some Cape Air policies, Fed Regs, and a lot of how to fly a plane, instrument procedures, etc. Things that should be review at this point. We are responsible for our own travel to Boston, but then we can get a Cape Air flight to Hyannis if needed provided by Cape. Reservations at the Holiday Inn in Hyannis furnished by Cape Air. Anyway hope this helps somebody.
Old 07-25-2018, 06:07 PM
Line Holder

Default Training Update

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to give the October class an update on training. Our class had 4 in it and we just finished ground school today (a week and a half). We also started online training before we arrived here in Hyannis. We start flight training tomorrow in the level 6 sim. Everyone is super nice and helpful. We are at the Holiday Inn Express. There are no microwaves in the rooms...so be prepared. There is a small fridge.
Ground school consists of a ton of PowerPoint slides and the information comes fast.
If you have any questions, ask away. I don’t mind
Old 07-25-2018, 07:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to give the October class an update on training. Our class had 4 in it and we just finished ground school today (a week and a half). We also started online training before we arrived here in Hyannis. We start flight training tomorrow in the level 6 sim. Everyone is super nice and helpful. We are at the Holiday Inn Express. There are no microwaves in the rooms...so be prepared. There is a small fridge.
Ground school consists of a ton of PowerPoint slides and the information comes fast.
If you have any questions, ask away. I don’t mind
What minimums did you have when you applied?
What kind of contract do they make you sign nowadays?
Thanks!
Old 07-26-2018, 06:26 AM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by colonials13 View Post
What minimums did you have when you applied?
What kind of contract do they make you sign nowadays?
Thanks!
I was hired with 1000TT. Another in my class has 1612TT, another has 1700TT, and the last is a retired Delta pilot of 32 years. They say you can apply with 500TT, but haven’t seen that yet. Just remember that as an FO you are taking a seat that a revenue passenger could sit in, so I would think they would want to upgrade you as soon as possible to get you out of the seat, (eg. the more time you have the better when you apply so you can upgrade faster).

Contracts are now between 12-15 months once you reach Captain, as they pay for your ATP-CTP and want some guarantee that you won’t jump ship after you get your ATP.
Old 07-26-2018, 12:31 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2018

I was hired with 1000TT. Another in my class has 1612TT, another has 1700TT, and the last is a retired Delta pilot of 32 years. They say you can apply with 500TT, but haven’t seen that yet. Just remember that as an FO you are taking a seat that a revenue passenger could sit in, so I would think they would want to upgrade you as soon as possible to get you out of the seat, (eg. the more time you have the better when you apply so you can upgrade faster).

Contracts are now between 12-15 months once you reach Captain, as they pay for your ATP-CTP and want some guarantee that you won’t jump ship after you get your ATP.
I would imagine that the retired Delta pilot is a direct hire Captain and won't spend anytime as a FO. How about the other two who look like they meet ATP minimums? Are they direct hire Captains or FO's?
Old 07-26-2018, 02:20 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by TXWarEagle View Post
I would imagine that the retired Delta pilot is a direct hire Captain and won't spend anytime as a FO. How about the other two who look like they meet ATP minimums? Are they direct hire Captains or FO's?
Yes, the Delta guy is a direct entry captain. I was brought in as an FO. Of the other two, one will be a PIC because he lacks a few cross-country hours. Once he hits those he will upgrade and the other one is lacking night, XC and some others, so she was hired as an FO.
Old 07-26-2018, 05:11 PM
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO

Yes, the Delta guy is a direct entry captain. I was brought in as an FO. Of the other two, one will be a PIC because he lacks a few cross-country hours. Once he hits those he will upgrade and the other one is lacking night, XC and some others, so she was hired as an FO.
Does the first name of the Delta guy start with a W (or B as they commonly call him?)