Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Wings Air?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 06:32 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2009
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
For those of you who are bored and want some reading to do on wings air/air greco and of course robbie rupard, go to the following site:
www.gwinettcountycourts.com on that page type in air greco and check the results. After reading that go back and type in wings air. After reading that go back and type in robert rupard. Fun reading when you are bored.
Yep, there was a lot of red flags during the interview, but you know what?
It's been better than unemployment, and I get my proficiency.
The aircraft I fly, is in good shape, really, but that's all.
Wings Air found it's match, Linx International, booth companies run by Mickey Mouse, what a pathetic operation.
My 135 check ride was a joke.
Yes I do get my pay checks late and not from Wings, but from Lynx, even worse.
I came up with the idea to ask for my cash in advance and it worked.
Now when they have a bunch of legs during the day, I do not move the aircraft until I get cash from that cloud Albert Vitale from Linx.
He is the one who makes the check, not Wings.
Is that legal?
Old 06-06-2009, 04:06 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2009

Originally Posted by Vampire View Post
Just a bit of advice. Stay The Hell Away from Wings Air and ANY airline or charter outfit run by Charles Mintz and Robert (Robbie) Rupard! ! ! ! ! The management are thieves. They owe tens of thousands of dollars in back-pay and expenses to almost all of the crew members and ground support. The have written many bad checks to both support services and staff.

The aircraft are NOT in "top shape" Several of the pilots were constantly cussed for writing up broken things. It is not like the 121 world. They wanted us to fly illegally too often. One member of management was a retired FedEx captain. Even he encouraged us to fly illegally. I'm sure FedEx encouraged that kind of behavior, NOT!!!! I would not participate in that nonsense and was consequently called on the carpet often for requiring the aircraft to be legal before I flew it.

Their new venture seems to be called AvTran. The principles of the organization, Charles Mintz and Robert (Robbie) Rupard are crooks, plain and simple. They feel that pilots are a dime/dozen and they have no respect for the flight crews. They will ask you to front company expenses on your personal card and they will NEVER repay you.

Good luck with your search and fly safe .

Once an FO, always an FO.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:08 AM
New Hire

Originally Posted by airdett View Post
Yep, there was a lot of red flags during the interview, but you know what?
It's been better than unemployment, and I get my proficiency.
The aircraft I fly, is in good shape, really, but that's all.
Wings Air found it's match, Linx International, booth companies run by Mickey Mouse, what a pathetic operation.
My 135 check ride was a joke.
Yes I do get my pay checks late and not from Wings, but from Lynx, even worse.
I came up with the idea to ask for my cash in advance and it worked.
Now when they have a bunch of legs during the day, I do not move the aircraft until I get cash from that cloud Albert Vitale from Linx.
He is the one who makes the check, not Wings.
Is that legal?
Bill: It would probably help if you knew how to spell Gwinnett properly. A word of advice: go get a job.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:34 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: Taking up space

Wings Air Boss:

Before you start spouting off at the mouth, how about you pay the employees that you owe money to...

Also, Vampire was a Captain last time I checked, I should know, I gave him his IOE.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:59 PM
2 days off

Position: Embraer Systems Analyst

Originally Posted by Vampire View Post
One member of management was a retired FedEx captain. Even he encouraged us to fly illegally. I'm sure FedEx encouraged that kind of behavior, NOT!!!! I would not participate in that nonsense and was consequently called on the carpet often for requiring the aircraft to be legal before I flew it.
I had to comment on this thread. That former Fedex guy was one of the worst airline employees that I have yet seen out of all the operations that I've been a part of. A joke, is an understatement. Maybe the guys job was not as important as it seemed but he did a very horrible job at it. He also had a bipolar mentality, one moment he could be your nice grandfather, the next it would seem like he was mad enough to start a verbal fight. Maybe the gforces in the navy and the late nights at fedex had taken a toll on him. I can also attest to the guy as "prone" to legallity issues because he never asked me personally to break any rules but he made it clear to us to "use common sense" A retired airline guy has nothing to lose but the rest of us sure do! He also kept appologising to us for every setback by saying that he was retired but that he also didn't need all the stress of us asking all the questions. Excuse us for dicating YOUR JOB!! What a disaster.

As far as the company, in all honesty from the outside it looked like a nice operation. The airplanes looked good. Usually when you think of small pt135 ops you think of trailers with employees in dirty rooms along with an old hangar but it was very obvious that wingsair was well funded, well I guess untill the money ran out. I knew that it was probably not going to work when I found out that it wasn't EAS flying. Their actual business plan was to undercut Georgia Skies and take over their EAS, YES YOU HEARD IT RIGHT. How do you undercut a company when they have a guaranteed gov income??? That lasted very long..... Even the fedex guy joked to us that he belived the operation was not going to last. This is no way aganst the owners of the place, I could care less if they're crooks or whatever it's their money, their idea. It's a free country. I just thought I would comment on that fedex guy because of the lasting impression.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:47 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: Pro FO

Originally Posted by wingsairboss View Post
Once an FO, always an FO.

/* Step way down to WingsAirBoss's level and begin immature name calling */

Once a crooked douche bag always a crooked douche bag.

/* Step out of the sewer and end immature name calling */

WingsAirBoss I truly feel sorry for you.

Last edited by Vampire; 06-10-2009 at 12:01 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:11 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2009

Well, the nightmare is over.
I quit a couple weeks ago.
Between my ticket and Wings greed, I keep my ticket.
I was just waiting to see how bad the whole operation was going to get.
I met good people there, the techs and a couple of pilots.