Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Athens/Atlanta area flying? (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/39369-athens-atlanta-area-flying.html)

asj410 04-21-2009 10:55 PM

Athens/Atlanta area flying?

Looks like I might be needing to find a 135 F/O job out of the Athens/Atlanta area. If anyone happens to know of any reputable companies to look into, please let me know. I did do some research into it and was able to find a few air ambulance companies (Medway, Georgia Jet, etc.), but don't know anything about them other than what's mentioned on their respective sites. And then, of course, there's Georgia Skies. But I'm thinking SIC Caravan time wouldn't look especially good for me. If anyone can offer any help, I'd appreciate it!

Cubdriver 04-22-2009 03:34 AM

Ram Air Freight operates out of McCollum I think, as does CorpJet. Over at Lawrenceville there's ImagineAir, but they do not use FOs and you need to have Part 135 IFR mins.

CaptainCrunch 04-22-2009 12:11 PM

I'm with GA jet. Not hiring. Try Phoenix Air in Cartersville. Heard they were looking for Lear guys, usually start as FO

asj410 04-23-2009 11:16 AM

Thanks for the help, guys. Looks like the only one that I might have any shot at is Phoenix Air...and that's only because I couldn't find out any details about pilot employment on their site. I'll shoot them an e-mail though and see what happens. Thanks again, and please let me know if you hear anything new in the area!

nancy33 04-25-2009 01:39 PM

Stay away from Georgia Skies just Google Pacific Wings, New Mexico Airlines they are all one. If you don't believe me just ask any lawyer then, they will tell you to stay away. Unless you like to fly in icing in a bootless airplane or wish to fly with broken weather radar through thunderstorms, rummer has it that they have you shoot field goals between radio towers as you go VFR in to ATL.

208FLYBOY1 04-25-2009 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by nancy33 (Post 601171)
Stay away from Georgia Skies just Google Pacific Wings, New Mexico Airlines they are all one. If you don't believe me just ask any lawyer then, they will tell you to stay away. Unless you like to fly in icing in a bootless airplane or wish to fly with broken weather radar through thunderstorms, rummer has it that they have you shoot field goals between radio towers as you go VFR in to ATL.

Bootless Van + Icing = 15 minute superstar @ midnight on CNN!

USN C9B 04-25-2009 05:43 PM

Flightworks out of Cobb county is a 135/aircraft management company and is an option no one mentioned. I think you can apply even if they don't have any openings. I don't know what your quals are but I think they require a lot of flight time.

C9

hrdlndg 06-16-2009 04:45 PM

Anybody know anything about ImagineAir

III Corps 06-16-2009 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by hrdlndg (Post 629905)
Anybody know anything about ImagineAir

press release out recently that ImagineAir and SATSair are going to start 'code sharing'. First for an air taxi using SR-22s...

AtlCSIP 06-18-2009 11:58 AM

Imagine Air

Imagine Air isn't hiring. I have 1900 tt, 750 Cirrus, ATP, 25 min from LZU and No Thanks. Corp Jet, Phoenix and Flightworks aren't hiring, either. Flightworks requires a minimum of 2500 hours, and you really need to know someone (I do). Keep trying, though. Show up and meet people. On-line won't do it.