Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Only me happy?

Old 05-07-2009, 06:12 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2009
Default Only me happy?

Grass is always greener and all that. But jeezz... it can't be SO bad, can it? I can offer a list of things I want different. But anyone care to share some positive thoughts? Forget all the things I would do different. I am quite happy to have a job right now and can appreciate that its difficult for employees and employers alike to stay afloat right now. How bout some positive feed for a change....
Old 05-07-2009, 06:18 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2007
Position: ATP, CFII, MEI, Chief Flight Instructor, Charter Captain CE402, CE421, BE58

I agree with you but, it's hard to be so happy when a bunch of your bro's are out of work, in danger of maybe losing their houses or whatever. I do appreciate that I have a job right now and enjoy it quite a bit. There are alot others who haven't been so lucky.

Papa T
Old 05-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Left

It's too bad the state of things but, I'm happy as a clam. I have a good job that appears to be stable (at the moment). Even if it goes bad I have managed to work up to #2, so I figure I'll be alright.

As to the grass is always greener, I've been working on a package to pitch and start a Corp. flight department for a large franchise. I'm getting closer to sealing the deal every day!

...I'll just make my own job dangit!...
Old 05-07-2009, 07:58 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2009

good for you ZBow... its tough now. i feel lucky to have a job and i could lose it anytime. this is just the nature of the market now. pilots will be back to take a claim. but right now, we have no horn to toot. there are too many of us. just do the best you can do. if you want to *****, then ***** all the way to the line. otherwise, appreciate that you fly for a living... and hold on... know that you will have the upper hand in time.... for now.. play the game...
Old 05-08-2009, 12:15 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2008

I am having a blast. This is much better than the lumber yard or the factory!!!
Old 05-08-2009, 05:01 AM
Flying Farmer

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Turbo-props' and John Deere's

I feel that I'm walking in the greenest grass. I love my job, and assume that it's stable. I know there could be jobs considered "better," but for me this job fits my life great. There's always hope!
Old 05-08-2009, 03:01 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: 717 Sidekick
Default Living life on the greener side

So I woke up at 4:30 after going to bed at 22:30 last night (lame freight dog schedule). But I flew to the outstation and was done by 8:00 am. Then I went and played a round of golf with a friend. Drank a beer on the patio at the course...don't worry it was 10 hours before I flew again. Went for a bike ride into town to hang out at the bike shop. Played some frisbee in the afternoon. Took a little nap. Woke up and had a nice leisurely flight back to the base. The whole time my buddy, who is an accountant, sat at a desk crunching numbers in a small office looking out the window wishing to be outside. Oh ya, then on the weekend I get to hop a free flight back home to hang out with the family for a few days before going back to work on monday. Ya, this is a pretty sweet ass lifestyle . It could be soo much worse and I think if people talked more about the good aspects, they may have a better outlook on their situation.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:19 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: Just a broker now.

Yeah but don't forget when it snows and ices, you're the ones wishing to be indoors.