On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2009
Position: walking backwards upside down
Default How can this be considered democratic

based on election results
CAPA 51 votes
IBT 40 votes
NO UNION 46 votes

We have a union (CAPA) representing us with 2/3 of pilots not wanting them. How is this a democratic process?? 2/3 of pilots voted against CAPA and now I am going to be forced to pay dues after voting no.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:14 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: DA50EX

Originally Posted by plastic gerbil View Post
based on election results
CAPA 51 votes
IBT 40 votes
NO UNION 46 votes

We have a union (CAPA) representing us with 2/3 of pilots not wanting them. How is this a democratic process?? 2/3 of pilots voted against CAPA and now I am going to be forced to pay dues after voting no.
At least you got to vote. I don't think that the first officers or mail pilots ever got that squared away. I don't know if it would have changed the outcome but to be fair they should have had a vote.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:55 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2008

I never got a ballot or PIN in the mail. I would have voted if I could have! I may not be eligible because I am out on medical.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:02 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: DA50EX

Originally Posted by 3fityseven View Post
I never got a ballot or PIN in the mail. I would have voted if I could have! I may not be eligible because I am out on medical.
I don't know who was allowed to vote as far as Medicals, LOA's and Part Time guys.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:25 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2008

I can't tell from the seniority list who was allowed to vote. I tried subtracting the PT guys and medicals. I never could get the 139 though.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:27 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2009
Position: ERJ right

Originally Posted by FlyingChipmunk View Post
At least you got to vote. I don't think that the first officers or mail pilots ever got that squared away. I don't know if it would have changed the outcome but to be fair they should have had a vote.
I agree. Regardless of the outcome. Are they pilots for 9K or not? That made no sense whatsoever and was a slap in the face to all FO's and mail pilots. They have no say in their representation but have to take what is voted in whether they like it or not. Will there be FO's on the negotiating board or are they not eligible for that either?

-WTHO
Old 05-13-2009, 07:16 AM
Tuk er jerbs!

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: B747 Left

Originally Posted by FlyingChipmunk View Post
Wow, that's bullsh*t if the FOs or mail PICs didn't get to vote. That's something the company needs to fix: it seems to me that the FOs are treated that unless you're a CA, you're not required, and you don't matter. Of course, nothing could be further from the truth. Whenever I fly with an FO I always make sure to treat them as a valuable asset in the cockpit, but I've gotten comments from some along the lines of "It's nice to be needed for once." I'm not sure where that passive and defeated attitude comes from (and of course they're not all like that!), but not allowing them to vote is just another slap in the face that could further CRM problems in the cockpit.