Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Cape Air Got a Union (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/39904-cape-air-got-union.html)

TurboDVR42 05-11-2009 03:31 PM

Cape Air Got a Union

CAPA!! In house unions.

Thoughts?

flyingsucks 05-11-2009 04:56 PM

Has to be better than ALPO, or the teamsters

Mitragorz 05-11-2009 05:06 PM

I just got the email about filing an objection due to "Election Interference."

NightIP 05-11-2009 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by TurboDVR42 (Post 608582)
CAPA!! In house unions.

Thoughts?

I think most people who have strong feelings either way are going to stay pretty quiet about it. At least, until the election interference claim is either substantiated or not.

bullmechum 05-11-2009 05:58 PM

Negative Ghost Rider, Cape Air has no real union CAPA was voted in. (Cape Air Pilot’s Association) is nothing more than a management contrived effort to decertify the teamsters and bust the union. Way to go guys and girls of 9K. All your going to get from these a$# clowns is free pizza. 10 years from now (You may or may not be working for 9K) when your looking in the mirror and your wondering “ Gee why am I still sharing an apartment with four other captains and 90% of my student loans are unpaid “ think back on this election and how your betrayed your professions. Hugs and Kisses

hi208 05-11-2009 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by bullmechum (Post 608668)
Negative Ghost Rider, Cape Air has no real union CAPA was voted in. (Cape Air Pilot’s Association) is nothing more than a management contrived effort to decertify the teamsters and bust the union. Way to go guys and girls of 9K. All your going to get from these a$# clowns is free pizza. 10 years from now (You may or may not be working for 9K) when your looking in the mirror and your wondering “ Gee why am I still sharing an apartment with four other captains and 90% of my student loans are unpaid “ think back on this election and how your betrayed your professions. Hugs and Kisses

yeah cause unions have done some much in RECENT years to help this industry!!!

effsharp 05-11-2009 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by NightIP (Post 608663)
I think most people who have strong feelings either way are going to stay pretty quiet about it. At least, until the election interference claim is either substantiated or not.

Quiet pilots? Either way? You must be joking.

NightIP 05-11-2009 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by effsharp (Post 608677)
Quiet pilots? Either way? You must be joking.

Realize that a lot of the 9K guys on here know who each other are in real life. It's not exactly anonymous on these threads. I dunno...that's why I'm not talking. ;)

bakesou 05-11-2009 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by bullmechum (Post 608668)

bull, are you represented by a union?

N118NW 05-11-2009 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by hi208 (Post 608672)
yeah cause unions have done some much in RECENT years to help this industry!!!

Forget recent years.. more like recent decades. But that's more along the line as any industry with unions... aviation, automotive, rail, etc.