Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Wings Air?

Old 04-21-2009, 03:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: Checking essential
Default Wings Air?

Does anyone have the scoop on Wings Air out of Atlanta? Any hiring going on over there? I understand that they do a lot of Florida-Bahamas stuff in addition to the Georgia flying, but I was wondering where their pilots are based. Are any of the schedules commutable? What's the pay like? Any info would be appreciated!
Old 04-21-2009, 10:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2008
Position: E-170 Airbender

not a lot of positive info on Wings Air on here. Also, see my reply on them here:

http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/hi...tml#post599202

be careful down in FLL. Flew a lot out of FLL, FXE, & PBI and unfort. a lot of the pos operators are still in existance.

Almost got out of aviation b/c of all the BS down there.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:51 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: Checking essential

Thanks for info. I'll definitely heed the warning! Boy, sounds like there's a lot of shady stuff going on down there. I also received a PM from another member who worked for the company. Didn't hear anything positive from that either. Darn it. It'd be great if I could find a 135 F/O job in the Athens/Atlanta area. You wouldn't happen to know of any, would you?
Old 05-16-2009, 10:29 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2009

Originally Posted by asj410 View Post
Does anyone have the scoop on Wings Air out of Atlanta? Any hiring going on over there? I understand that they do a lot of Florida-Bahamas stuff in addition to the Georgia flying, but I was wondering where their pilots are based. Are any of the schedules commutable? What's the pay like? Any info would be appreciated!
Do not waist your time with these guys here.
Wings Air is broke, they do not pay their employees and they do not return phone calls.
You are on your own with these guys.
To make matters worse, they got together with Linx (huge red flag right there).
The Chieftains are in top shape, but that's it.
Good luck.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:26 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008

I thought they are partnering with Locair not Lynx?
Old 05-17-2009, 07:55 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2009

Originally Posted by jdlilfan View Post
I thought they are partnering with Locair not Lynx?
Nope, that's it, Linx.
You could not get worse than that.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:16 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: Looking

Wings Air now has numerous judgements against it which they continue to dodge. They have been reported to the DOT and FAA for numerous violations. They have also been evicted from their offices at KLZU. I do not know how the fact that LYNX Int'l has bought into some of it will effect things. I believe that some of the pilots have started a class action suit to try and recover lost wages and company charges placed on their personal credit cards. The owner has decided to start another company, www.avtranholdings.com to try and sucker more money from investors. It will be a down hill ride for all those that follow.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:08 PM
Line Holder

Position: Pro FO

Originally Posted by airdett View Post
The Chieftains are in top shape, but that's it.
Good luck.
Just a bit of advice. Stay The Hell Away from Wings Air and ANY airline or charter outfit run by Charles Mintz and Robert (Robbie) Rupard! ! ! ! ! The management are thieves. They owe tens of thousands of dollars in back-pay and expenses to almost all of the crew members and ground support. The have written many bad checks to both support services and staff.

The aircraft are NOT in "top shape" Several of the pilots were constantly cussed for writing up broken things. It is not like the 121 world. They wanted us to fly illegally too often. One member of management was a retired FedEx captain. Even he encouraged us to fly illegally. I'm sure FedEx encouraged that kind of behavior, NOT!!!! I would not participate in that nonsense and was consequently called on the carpet often for requiring the aircraft to be legal before I flew it.

Their new venture seems to be called AvTran. The principles of the organization, Charles Mintz and Robert (Robbie) Rupard are crooks, plain and simple. They feel that pilots are a dime/dozen and they have no respect for the flight crews. They will ask you to front company expenses on your personal card and they will NEVER repay you.

Good luck with your search and fly safe .

Old 05-28-2009, 06:36 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: Taking up space

I agree wholeheartedly with the last 2 post. I know all to well the idoits that ran that joint.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:09 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: Looking

For those of you who are bored and want some reading to do on wings air/air greco and of course robbie rupard, go to the following site:
www.gwinettcountycourts.com on that page type in air greco and check the results. After reading that go back and type in wings air. After reading that go back and type in robert rupard. Fun reading when you are bored.