NMB finds CAPA/Management Election Interferen

Old 06-13-2009, 04:44 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2009
Position: C-402 Captain
Default NMB finds CAPA/Management Election Interferen

June 10, 2009

Our Fellow Pilots,

The NMB today, in case number R-7201, found a "Prima facie case of election interference." Prima facie is a common law term which essentially means sufficient evidence to prove a proposition or fact, unless rebutted. This kind of action by the NMB is extremely rare, as the threshold to find a prima facie case is relatively high. The election was very close, and we believe CAPA and the company colluded, and otherwise interfered with the election. The NMB after reviewing preliminary evidence submitted by the IBT, CAPA, and the company, decided our allegations warrant further investigation.

Your Cape Air Teamsters Communication Committee wishes to thank all of you who came forward after the election. If you did not come forward before, but wish to now, there is still time to let your voice be heard as the Board conducts its investigation.

- CATCC
Old 06-13-2009, 04:45 AM
New Hire

Default A Correction

Our Fellow Pilots,

Regarding our last e-mail, one of the IBT's staff attorneys wanted us to make a small correction.

As he puts it "...the NMB did not find interference, technically - they found enough evidence to commence an investigation."

Since we are not all lawyers here, we may not always understand some of the finer points of law, and can make layman's errors reading even the plain text of a memo, like where the Board investigator writes "I find that the IBT's allegations and supporting evidence present a 'prima facie' case of election interference." Fortunately the IBT has a wealth of experience and remarkable resources that they can devote to supporting our efforts.

We will strive to maintain accuracy in all our communications to you.

- CATCC
Old 06-13-2009, 06:35 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: King Air 200 CA Hawker 800/900 FO

Does it address at all the fact that FOs and mail CAs weren't allowed to vote? That seems a little messed up to me.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:51 AM
New Hire

One factor discussed was apparently inconsistent voting criteria... some mail/pic pilots were allowed to vote, others were excluded, some part timers were, others not.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:31 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2006

While I appreciate what you're doing, I don't think a public forum such as this is the right place to talk about this. Company mail should reach all those with a personal interest.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:35 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
While I appreciate what you're doing, I don't think a public forum such as this is the right place to talk about this. Company mail should reach all those with a personal interest.
You should be posting this response to the CAL EWR LEC threads, then...... no double standards thanks.

good luck Cape Air guys!
Old 06-14-2009, 10:37 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Discussing union matters among pilots is one thing, but using a forum like this as a venue for direct communication from union officials is another. Just the opinion of one Cape pilot...

Originally Posted by cencal83406 View Post
You should be posting this response to the CAL EWR LEC threads, then...... no double standards thanks.

good luck Cape Air guys!
Old 06-14-2009, 06:13 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2008

Originally Posted by cencal83406 View Post

good luck Cape Air guys!
Personally, I couldn't care less about another airlines union issues being posted on the internet. I have no interest and am in no position to be posting in those threads. I do, however, take issue with our own being aired out to the public.

Just another Cape pilot who would prefer these notices remain within the company email.