Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

This is RICH- "PACIFIC WINGS STOPS FLYING..."

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 08:36 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Airline?s dispute with DOT deepens - Mauinews.com | News, Sports, Jobs, Visitor's Information - The Maui News

This article has to be the best one yet! How do you think the State of Hawaii will react when PW starts telling people visiting there website to stay away!
Old 07-20-2009, 09:58 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: Left

Originally Posted by hi208 View Post
Airline?s dispute with DOT deepens - Mauinews.com | News, Sports, Jobs, Visitor's Information - The Maui News

This article has to be the best one yet! How do you think the State of Hawaii will react when PW starts telling people visiting there website to stay away!

Hopefully this will be the last nail in the coffin and they will BAN PW from Hawaii for good.....No Aloha what so ever!
Old 07-21-2009, 03:04 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2009

we can only hope it kills Pacific Wings and all their un"Local" airlines floating about this is one airline that needs to die
Old 07-22-2009, 12:43 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: I like seeing everything :)
Default Its not a day at PW without Drama...

I've met Greg twice in my life - and he was FAR from cordial. When bidding on EAS cities and we all get called to do presentations, we're all friendly to eachother, except Greg & his pilot. I've had lunch with fellow airlines bidding on the same cities and we talk about non-work stuff, laugh, have fun, and even in the meetings will sit together, except for Greg, he'll be off in a corner.

When it came time to do my presentation, he snubbed us (I offered him a copy of our proposal)....

During our discussions, he went on to blast my King Airs "If you lose an engine on a Beech twin, you'll roll over, crash, burn up and kill everyone". I wasn't expecting that, but I should have fired back "so a caravan is safer, with only ONE PT-6 rather than 2???"

Regardless, he somehow won those markets and held them hostage to nonsterile ops while he did the same to Atlanta Airport: threatened to sue, go to the media, politicians, etc -- all because he didn't want to abide by the same rules everyone else did.

I mean, we had gate space lined up in ATL before the bid closed.. he just NOW got gate space, almost a year later.

Anyway, here is the latest from Maui:

Molokai: Flights ? not fights - Mauinews.com | News, Sports, Jobs, Visitor's Information - The Maui News
Old 07-22-2009, 12:56 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008

Hmm show's how much this guy knows about King Airs.... If you loose an engine in the KA the inop engine goes into Auto-Feather which in turns drastically cuts down the roll rate.... Should've asked him if the engine catches fire in a Caravan what do you do???? At least the King Air has engine fire extinguishers.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:54 PM
alchemist

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Originally Posted by travelnate View Post

During our discussions, he went on to blast my King Airs "If you lose an engine on a Beech twin, you'll roll over, crash, burn up and kill everyone". I wasn't expecting that, but I should have fired back "so a caravan is safer, with only ONE PT-6 rather than 2???"

Anyway, here is the latest from Maui:

Molokai: Flights ? not fights - Mauinews.com | News, Sports, Jobs, Visitor's Information - The Maui News
It's unfortunate for the state employees, but I would like to see PW crash and burn... Great negative publicity for the company.

King airs roll over on a single engine?, what a lousy design
Old 07-22-2009, 02:40 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

pacific wings sucks!!!

Last edited by hi208; 07-22-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: Left

Sucks big donkey...pay pay.....
Old 07-22-2009, 07:01 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: none ya...

Originally Posted by travelnate View Post

When it came time to do my presentation, he snubbed us (I offered him a copy of our proposal)....

Wow, is he for real......geezzzz
Old 07-22-2009, 07:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: I like seeing everything :)

yeah. he's on public record in Athens, Georgia at a board meeting, probably middle June-ish 2008. There should be an audio recording of it.

These comments came about when we were touting the safety of a twin-turbine, two pilots, ability to fly the pattern at ATL without disruption, etc.

What's interesting are 3 Caravan crashes shortly after Greg's statement... one crash killed everyone, another (in Guatemala), landed in a field (just as Greg said they'd do), but still killed 8 folks.

But again, we're talking about Pacific Wings... they can NEVER do any wrong, and they're always right.