This is RICH- "PACIFIC WINGS STOPS FLYING..."

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

This is RICH- "PACIFIC WINGS STOPS FLYING..."

Old 07-09-2009, 01:00 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Default This is RICH- "PACIFIC WINGS STOPS FLYING..."

Pacific Wings stops flying after confrontation - Mauinews.com | News, Sports, Jobs, Visitor's Information - The Maui News
Old 07-09-2009, 03:19 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Doesn't matter GK (the fat one) will find some way to get out of the fine and make it seem like it was the airport securities fault.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:49 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2009
Position: I like seeing everything :)

I love how everything is always spun. There's a quote in one news article about how the agent was trying to grab their 'video camera' and got hurt in the process.

How many airlines keep video cameras at their ticket counters or maintenance facilities?!?!

Pacific Wings halts flights after incident at Kahului Airport | HonoluluAdvertiser.com | The Honolulu Advertiser
Old 07-10-2009, 06:45 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by travelnate View Post
I love how everything is always spun. There's a quote in one news article about how the agent was trying to grab their 'video camera' and got hurt in the process.

How many airlines keep video cameras at their ticket counters or maintenance facilities?!?!

Pacific Wings halts flights after incident at Kahului Airport | HonoluluAdvertiser.com | The Honolulu Advertiser
Ever since the first encounter with Wackenhut in 2005 they record everything, and I mean everything!
Old 07-10-2009, 04:01 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2008

Why am I completely unsurprised to read this report? ....Oh right.....

While I generally wish no harm to come to any person, I hope whatever "confrontation" occurred between security, and ticket agent L. Nowacky had some karma (for her role in the mass terminations on 1/31/09) in it.

And if memory serves, PW bleeds it's liquid cash when they can't fly.

I really feel for the residents of Kalaupapa, who are now without transportation to the rest of the state. I hope that the village can arrange for a competitor to fly the route until service is restored, of PW fails.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:48 PM
alchemist

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Originally Posted by name10135 View Post

While I generally wish no harm to come to any person, I hope whatever "confrontation" occurred between security, and ticket agent L. Nowacky had some karma (for her role in the mass terminations on 1/31/09) in it.
You can also add the treatment of their employees!! Greg and gabe, good job guys
Old 07-11-2009, 07:11 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Default And now they're cutting flights

Looks like we know where they are getting the airframes to fly to OWB/MKL now...

Pacific Wings Cutting Flights & Employees | KGMB9 News Hawaii | (KGM

Pacific Wings Airlines is eliminating as many as two thirds of its inter-island flights and plans to layoff or relocate some of its roughly 100 workers. Company owner and C.E.O. Greg Kahlstorf told KGMB9 the moves are the result of an alleged assault on one of his employees.

(funny they show a 402 in the pic, I thought LW parked those 5 years ago..)
Old 07-11-2009, 09:11 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Originally Posted by travelnate View Post

(funny they show a 402 in the pic, I thought LW parked those 5 years ago..)
LOL! It's amazing how the media always manages to get the oldest stock footage of airlines. Even for crappy commuter ones like pacwings.....
Old 07-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: Left

Thats because no one has ever or will ever care about Pacific Wings...They are an awful company and treat their pax worse than i treat the things i flush down the toliet.....bad people run it and they should not even be allowed to fly in Hawaii for the things they have done....just go away PW go away...
Old 07-19-2009, 07:22 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Default Pacific Wings MUST hate customers

Air Carrier Eliminates Wheelchair Access - KHON2.com

Air Carrier Eliminates Wheelchair Access

[FONT='arial','sans-serif']Just days after air carrier Pacific Wings announced it's hiking airfares, the company now says it will no longer offer wheel chair access.[/FONT]
[FONT='arial','sans-serif']Pacific Wings says they cannot afford to spend the money on a wheelchair lift, meanwhile residents and doctors from Kalaupapa say that could have devastating affects.[/FONT]