Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Is the North East considered Desirable?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Jun 2006

NYY fan-
First of all TRADER, where is the SOX LOVE?!! just kidding

on a serious note, awesome post and greatly appreciated. Just the kind of info I am looking for. I am absolutely on the low side of hours and held back because I am currently in Iraq. On the upside i get back next month to the states and will resume flying nonstop until i leave the military next April. My plan from there is to go to Ari Ben and finish my ratings beyond private instrument (pay cash for the training, im all set on an obsurd loan) and then instruct for 12 months or so. I hope to be able to finish my commercial single and multi instructor ratings in under three months full time which shouldnt be a big deal needing only around 140 hours or so total.

Hopefully with the year instructing i hope to be sitting around +-1200TT and +-600ME. Although it will put me into the April of 2008 time frame it wont be too late to hopefully have a chance with some of these carriers.

Thank you very much for that info, I keep all of the things I am told in a notebook I carry with me for the future so no good info that i recieve goes to waste.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:58 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: King Air

ERJ- Any idea of the hiring mins at Flyheritage? I've got about 700hrs in a Kingair and am looking to move to the NorthEast to be closer to my girlfriend. Any info would be much appreciated. Been reading these posts for a while now, but this is my first message.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:08 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: CR7 Capt

Originally Posted by dynamicfury View Post
ERJ- Any idea of the hiring mins at Flyheritage? I've got about 700hrs in a Kingair and am looking to move to the NorthEast to be closer to my girlfriend. Any info would be much appreciated. Been reading these posts for a while now, but this is my first message.

Apprarently there are no minimums. I talked to a few of their pilots while they stopped at my airport and they told me to just put in an app. So I did and when applied I was in the 900hr range. I applied probably 6 mon ago and got the call last month. Good luck, They seem like a good place to work. They have the King Air 90's
Old 09-02-2006, 06:19 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Default Re: Heritage

Originally Posted by dynamicfury View Post
I just had a couple of my guys go up to Heritage with 135 mins, sounds like a decent place. If you have 700 in a King Air you could probably walk right in.

Burlington is a great town, lots of fun up there!!

Good luck.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:05 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: CR7 Capt

Originally Posted by TrafficDawg View Post
I just had a couple of my guys go up to Heritage with 135 mins, sounds like a decent place. If you have 700 in a King Air you could probably walk right in.

Burlington is a great town, lots of fun up there!!

Good luck.
Hey, is this BOB W. from smartroutes?
Old 02-26-2007, 12:11 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Flight Instructor

I know this is an old post, but just wondering if anyone is flying up there at heritage now? have they ordered thier king airs? I was thinking about sending a resume I have low Multi but 1800 TT and meet the 135 mins. Ill be flying up soon to send em a resume.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:35 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006

Heritage has grown a lot. Fleet now consists of:

4 King Air 90B's
1 CE-560 (Encore)
1 CE-560XL (Excel)
1 CL-601-3R (Challenger 601)

We could probably use another Excel, but who knows. As I said, we have grown a great deal in the last year, and are looking to grow more.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:26 PM
New Hire

VTcharter,

Thats great to hear heritage is doing well, I completed my Commercial up there a few years ago when they operated the flight school and remember the Excel and King airs flying alot! do you know what kind of minimums they are hiring with these days? I plan to get my resume up there in a few weeks. Im currently a CFII in Glens Falls, but grew up in Vermont, would love to be back up there again.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:22 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006

I have never seen or heard of any hard minimums. Although they do not have any hard minimums, they do want people that have solid instrument knowledge and current instrument flying skills. (They will put you in the airplane if you pass the face to face interview, and you will be expected to demonstrate those skills) They have had trouble finding these applicants in the past. They hire into the right seat of the King Air, and you will move up from there as positions open. I don't think that they are hiring, but dropping your resume and showing interest couldn't hurt for when they are. Great comapny with good people and beautifully equipped aircraft. Good luck.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:13 AM
New Hire

VT charter,
What are the schedules like a heritage, do they have you on call 24/7 or do you have hard days off? also, how close do they want you to be from the burlington airport, I just bought a house in NY a year ago, but am in the hunt for another home in VT, Im an hour and a half from BTV right now... hoping to learn a little about thier operation in terms of schedules and living situations... sounds like a great place and I really want to be back in Vermont.