Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Mountain Air Cargo

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 03:34 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: Looking to the left

Mountain Air Cargo is salaried, hence the yearly rates listed on APC. Per diem is not pay. It is reimbursement for any expenses you may occur while away from your base. You will only accrue it at MAC if you are truly AWAY from your base (read in a hotel). If you are on an out-n-back from your base, back to your base, you will NOT accrue per diem at MAC. If you are away from your base, I believe the per diem is $1.50 or $2.00 an hour. I don't quite remember. It was several years ago I worked there.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:32 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2009

Originally Posted by okonokos View Post
I sent a resume a week ago, got the "thanks but you don't meet our needs right now" letter. I've got around 2000TT and 800 c-van, if it's for the ATR, i've also got 600 turbojet/121 time. Not sure what they're really looking for.
I don't have near what you have, but I got 1100 TTL and 200 King Air 200 time.. got the same email.

Well at least I had a response. Can't say that about the other half-million applications I've filled out
Old 08-19-2009, 02:11 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: Trying not to crash

Haven't got a response yet...
Old 08-23-2009, 12:53 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Breakdancing

MAC is only looking to fill 4 FO spot or maybe only 2 spot (2 caravan pilots going to the ATR). Those job postings are being recycled for some reason beyond MAC's control...
Old 08-30-2009, 11:25 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2009
Position: B787 Captain
Default Mountain Air Cargo

The pilots are on salary with no minimum number of flight hours. I have flown anywhere from 85 hours to zero hours a month, but lately its about 25 hr a month. That really depends on whether you are based with a plane on a regular route or a floater pilot. Floater pilots go where needed. Overall, QOL is excellent if you don't mind sleeping during the days when you are on a scheduled route. There are a few routes that allow for a normal circadian rhythm.

The salary is based on working a 5 day week so 6 days is extra pay. Less than 5 days of work still counts as a full week since a good majority of routes only fly 4 days a week. For extra pay there is a daily rate based on the salary. I believe holidays are time and a half and a worked week off (pilots choice) is double pay.

All pilots usually have weekends off. Captains all work 3 weeks on, 1 week off. Floater FO's work 5 weeks on, 1 week off. Based FO's work 10 weeks on, 1 week off.

Per Diem is $32.50 per day away from base. Out and backs do not count. Floater pilots get per diem during the M-F that they are away from home. If you are based with a plane for a scheduled weekly run that is out and back then you would only get per diem during recurrent or if you got stuck away from base for some reason. Per diem is NOT used for hotels or rental cars or anything like that. The company pays for all the travel expenses so per diem is really just money for food or whatever you want to spend it on. Most pilots usually just eat cheap and bank the money.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:27 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: B787 Captain

I also have to say that the ATR's are operated on a 121 certificate and the Caravans on a 135 certificate. All pilots are in CASS.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:42 PM
Line Holder

Position: Jetstream 3201 ....right

when you are assigned a run do you maintain it until you chose to bid for a different one or will they move you as they see fit. That is one of the things i was worried about because i have a family and it's pretty hard to pick up and move. I can handle it once if i have to for a new job but I need to be able to sit for a few years or until i'm ready myself. I kinda got the impression they would move me around a bit. I sent my stuff in but did not get a response at all. Not too surprised but i do have over 1000 hours of single pilot night cargo. No prat time though so that probably hurts. ...and who gives a crap about Garrett's?