Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Flight Express

Old 09-03-2009, 10:21 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2008

I am in the middle of buying a house and I don't see myself moving my family out of state to haul freight in a 210. I'll have to see what happens I suppose.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:28 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Originally Posted by Tink View Post
I am in the middle of buying a house and I don't see myself moving my family out of state to haul freight in a 210. I'll have to see what happens I suppose.

If you don't think you will be able to move wherever they want you to, than don't go to the ground school. They hate when people come and waste their time and money just to leave because the base they wanted was not available. I have seen many people screw over FLX for that very reason. I can gaurantee you that if you do go and leave during training because it's not what you really wanted they will not let you come to another ground school again.

Remember: it will be on your PRIA forms for when you want to apply for another air carrier.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:57 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

I'm thinking on sending my resume but Im short of the time they are asking...but I really would love to work at FLX...what do you guys think I should do???...1000tt with 60 multi...
Old 09-03-2009, 05:04 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: King Air 200 CA Hawker 800/900 FO

Originally Posted by papacharlie View Post
I'm thinking on sending my resume but Im short of the time they are asking...but I really would love to work at FLX...what do you guys think I should do???...1000tt with 60 multi...
Keep flying and apply when you reach 135mins. Their mins are dictated by the regs not what the pilot job market will bare ie regionals.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:17 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2009
Position: Jetstream 3201 ....right

true. I would send that resume in now anyway. Historically they have hired VFR only guys but it was mostly because they NEEDED pilots bad. If you send now and then again when you get to 1200 they will know that you really are interested.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: Trying not to crash

I know things are super slow now, but what would you guys say would be an "average" upgrade time to the baron, assuming conditions better than this depression, but not quite as good as the huge hiring boom? (Ie, what we might expect in a year and a half or so)?
Old 09-03-2009, 08:31 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by detpilot View Post
I know things are super slow now, but what would you guys say would be an "average" upgrade time to the baron, assuming conditions better than this depression, but not quite as good as the huge hiring boom? (Ie, what we might expect in a year and a half or so)?
We are down to 3 Baron runs at the moment and own 28 or something Barons, if that tells you anything. With Bayside owning Flight Express and AirNet it has messed up the way both companies use to do things separately. I think some of Flight Express' Baron runs went to AirNet and a lot of Baron runs from AirNet went to Flight Express who does them in the much cheaper to operate 210.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:05 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2009
Position: Jetstream 3201 ....right

Upgrade used to be less than a year. I started in April of 07 and upgraded in december. Things have changed though that is for sure. Nashville currently has 3 baron runs itself though. One is about to go away in a month or so but another one is rumored to be coming.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:45 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2008

Originally Posted by FlyingPirate View Post
If you don't think you will be able to move wherever they want you to, than don't go to the ground school. They hate when people come and waste their time and money just to leave because the base they wanted was not available. I have seen many people screw over FLX for that very reason. I can gaurantee you that if you do go and leave during training because it's not what you really wanted they will not let you come to another ground school again.

Remember: it will be on your PRIA forms for when you want to apply for another air carrier.
That is why it is my intention not to go unless they can tell me where I will be based prior to ground school. I'm sure they know already.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:47 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Tink View Post
That is why it is my intention not to go unless they can tell me where I will be based prior to ground school. I'm sure they know already.
You won't know until after ground school where you will go. Senority starts after the final exam for ground and whose with the higher scores get to pick what base they want.