Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

The Wyvern Standard

Old 09-01-2009, 01:32 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: Sofa Stress Tester

Originally Posted by Climbto450 View Post
The Wyvern and Argus standards suck but in exchange it assures a recently flown pilot and in this market that is a hard thing for pilots to maintain. On a better note, iT seems as though things are turning around at least for the 135 world in New York, Los Angeles, Texas and Florida. I have seen quite few job postings for pilots in those markets.
I for one like some of the standards being set by these agencies. But it is the company that is not willing to invest in training that is wanting currency.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:45 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2009
Position: Jetstream 3201 ....right

Originally Posted by Climbto450 View Post
The Wyvern and Argus standards suck but in exchange it assures a recently flown pilot and in this market that is a hard thing for pilots to maintain. On a better note, iT seems as though things are turning around at least for the 135 world in New York, Los Angeles, Texas and Florida. I have seen quite few job postings for pilots in those markets.
I'm pretty sure I always see much more opportunities in these markets. Also, requiring currency does not necessarily mean a company is cheap because they don't want to pay for training. In this market, you don't have to pay for someone's training because there are so many current pilots out there. Probably a lot of LR35 guys too. I see more LR35 jobs out there than anything too. It seams that to get a job in this market you need to take a step backwards but with more credentials. I would pretty much have to get my MEI if I wanted to CFI again for example. All these night freight companies want an ATP now. Couldn't even find work in Alaska. You could get lucky with a lateral move but probably only if you are current. Good luck.