Job interview with Seaport Airlines

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Job interview with Seaport Airlines

Old 08-26-2009, 07:09 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Originally Posted by Jowersman View Post
How will this look when I want to move to an airline that will glace at my multi time? B/c I know I'm only getting single engine turbine. I know the fact that it's Part 135 and turbine will be great... but I'm curious how the multi part will play in the future.
It won't matter as long as you meet their mins. You're going to have to get current though.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:31 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2005
Position: EMB 145/CRJ 200/700/900

Dude just focus on passing the interview and leave the worrying of multi time, single time for another day Good luck!
Old 08-26-2009, 07:35 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Thanks! FYI understanding these duty times suck... I hate lawyers, lol
Old 08-26-2009, 07:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Jowersman,

If you haven't flown 135 I wouldn't worry about knowing the regs. Most places don't expect you to know the regs that you haven't flown under. If you only have 91 instructing experience then know 91 regs very well. However, you should know the AIM like the back of your hand no matter what part you fly under.

I'm interviewing this weekend. It seems like most guys for the FO spots are low-time. I have almost 1900TT 1860PIC and 135 experience, I was hoping for a CA position but I don't have any turbine. Not sure if I'm going to take it if offered the job, interview experience is good though and I should be fresh since I did my recurrent checkride last Sat.

Good luck!
Old 08-26-2009, 09:06 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: FAA

Originally Posted by Jowersman View Post
Yea I'm just crazy about aviation and I just want to get out of flight instructing so bad. It gets old having a wierd, messed up schedule all the time. I'm ready for a set schedule and flying a lot! And I have excellent instrument and communication skills so I know that'll be a plus. My ultimate goal in life is to fly an A340-600 doing overseas operations. I will even move far away for that chance
No offense, but if you want out of flight instructing "so badly" you might not be as crazy about aviation as you think.

Not intended to be a slam, just an observation.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:17 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2009

Originally Posted by 152SIC View Post
No offense, but if you want out of flight instructing "so badly" you might not be as crazy about aviation as you think.

Not intended to be a slam, just an observation.
Not true, I am also among those who absolutely love aviation and flying but HATE teaching. I still play Microsoft Flight Sim sometimes when I get bored. Not an aviation geek, just genuinely love airplanes. Just don't ask me to teach them to you...
Old 08-27-2009, 05:36 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2008

Has Seaport closed its hiring window? I live in MEM and have about 4000 hours and am looking for a job. Any info would be greatly appreciated.........
Old 08-27-2009, 06:15 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2007

I honestly have no idea if they are going to take any more interviews, but it's worth a shot to apply. They did have a link up on Climbto350.com, but that has been about a week or more. And to come back at that; if I don't like instructing it doesn't mean I don't love to fly... I've just been doing this for over 2 years and I'm ready for something that will get me to my ultimate goal quicker.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:52 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2009
Position: Jetstream 3201 ....right

I can understand being done with the CFI thing. Most of us have been there before but I tell you what. I really miss it sometimes. It's just nice to be able to go where you want to go and stop in for a touch and go when you fly past another airport. It gets boring flying to the same places all the time. But that's neither here nor there. You guys that interviewed already, how did it go?
Old 08-27-2009, 02:26 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2008

I'm a captain for Seaport up here in PDX and I will be moving to MEM here in a month or so. It's gonna be a long drive out there....

As for the interview, if you don't have any 135 experience, they don't expect you to have knowledge of the regs. I would highly recommend looking them over though. Expect to be asked questions about the current rules you operate under and your aircraft. You will be able to learn 135 regs and Seaport specific stuff in ground school, they are just trying to see that you know your airplane and get an overall picture of you as a person. You will get the standard scenario based questions like having a nav light out on christmas eve blah blah blah. They want to see you make a decision and back it up. I was able to sit in on a few of the interviews for the last class and they did ask a few questions that caught some people off guard, such as "Who is the one person that you admire the most?"

I'm not sure how much this post helps, but feel free to ask me more specific questions. Be confident, honest and be yourself. Good luck guys/gals!