Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Seattle Area 135 info

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 10:54 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2009

Airpac may be hiring, although they usually only hire part time guys. I know a few people who have flown for them and the comments range from great, to crappy place to work. Seaport's pilots are mainly out of PDX. In fact, I know a guy who was just hired there and he had to move from SEA to PDX. Snohomish flying service is looking for insructors, but you need to show up in person. Wings Aloft is always looking for instructors, but they are in a MAJOR student slump right now. Kenmore air hasn't been hiring since early last year. I've been trying with them since then and with all my good references and time, never get even an eyebrow raise from them. I went through a BFI line service class with a furloughed captain from there as well earlier this year.

Times are really tough in Seattle right now and will be though the winter, but if you are single and have a very flexible schedule, you may be able to find something. You have to remember though, how many local pilots there are here who are really hungry for a job. Good luck!
Old 09-26-2009, 11:33 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2009

Originally Posted by pilot1278 View Post
Airpac may be hiring, although they usually only hire part time guys. I know a few people who have flown for them and the comments range from great, to crappy place to work. Seaport's pilots are mainly out of PDX. In fact, I know a guy who was just hired there and he had to move from SEA to PDX. Snohomish flying service is looking for insructors, but you need to show up in person. Wings Aloft is always looking for instructors, but they are in a MAJOR student slump right now. Kenmore air hasn't been hiring since early last year. I've been trying with them since then and with all my good references and time, never get even an eyebrow raise from them. I went through a BFI line service class with a furloughed captain from there as well earlier this year.

Times are really tough in Seattle right now and will be though the winter, but if you are single and have a very flexible schedule, you may be able to find something. You have to remember though, how many local pilots there are here who are really hungry for a job. Good luck!
Thanks for the info! Yeah, I checked again with Airpac and even though they are accepting resumes they are over staffed.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:47 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Tough market when you have to compete with over 100, 8,000 hr 737 type rated Alaska Airlines pilots.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:20 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Originally Posted by Green Banana View Post
Tough market when you have to compete with over 100, 8,000 hr 737 type rated Alaska Airlines pilots.

I could be way off, as I'm not in the loop on how Airpac or Aeroflight operate, but I have a feeling the smaller 135 cargo guys would not be to overly excited about hiring someone with those qualifications.

Maybe try one of the little 135 outfits in the San Juans, but that'll have to wait for spring. Find enough flying to get 1500 hrs and then look for a job flying fire patrol, it pays good anyway.

Good luck.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:50 PM
Apteryx

Joined APC: Jan 2010

Originally Posted by Herb Flemmming View Post
If one is hired on with Ameriflight whats their chances of being based out of BFI? Or is that a senior base? How does it work?

Thanks
As you've probably read elsewhere, BFI is a senior base at Ameriflight -- folks like to live in Seattle, there are only a few PA-31 trips, and even those are pretty senior. However, Ameriflight has bases all over the country (and in Puerto Rico). If you get hired, you can expect to spend a year or so in a junior base before you accumulate enough chops to bid something more senior . . . welcome to life in the airline biz. . . .

Ameriflight is currently interviewing to fill classes of 10 or so new hires every month.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:09 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2010
Position: SEA7ERB

Any seaplane time? That can open up more options in the Seattle area.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:54 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2010
Position: DHC-8 FO

I am looking for a Seaplane job right now haven't had much luck hoping to get some time in a Beaver coming up though flying with a friend. Don't go to Wings Aloft i have a buddy who is an instructor there and hasn't instructed for almost 3 months. Also i think their student slump is due to their ridiculous prices.

Originally Posted by Launchpad475 View Post
Any seaplane time? That can open up more options in the Seattle area.