Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Key Lime Air's SIC to PIC program (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/46040-key-lime-airs-sic-pic-program.html)

Plantation Air 11-25-2009 10:49 AM

Key Lime Air's SIC to PIC program

I'll be starting it in January and was hoping someone that has been through it (or a similar program) might share their experience. The folks seem to be great, it's just always nice to hear a first hand account. Many thanks!

floridaCFII 11-25-2009 05:55 PM

You talking about the pay for job program they have over there?

Luv2Rotate 11-25-2009 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Plantation Air (Post 716969)
I'll be starting it in January and was hoping someone that has been through it (or a similar program) might share their experience. The folks seem to be great, it's just always nice to hear a first hand account. Many thanks!

Of course they seem great.... You're paying to sit right seat in a single pilot certified airplane. Usually the aircraft make revenue with that seat empty but heck now that someone is willing to pay thousands of dollars to occupy it why wouldnt they be nice to you....
The question is how they treat you when they're paying you to fly.

ZBowFlyz 11-25-2009 11:01 PM

You are brave, I'll give you that!

TRS531 11-25-2009 11:34 PM

Bail out man...don't pay

Spoilers 11-26-2009 04:41 AM

I can't believe there are still people doing the Pay to Play thing!

SkyHigh 11-26-2009 05:42 AM

Pay to play

Originally Posted by Spoilers (Post 717253)
I can't believe there are still people doing the Pay to Play thing!

Pay to play is due to make a huge comeback.

Skyhigh

Plantation Air 11-26-2009 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by ZBowFlyz (Post 717215)
You are brave, I'll give you that!

Starting to seem like stupid as well :D.

Plantation Air 11-26-2009 06:14 AM

I understand that this seems rediculous, but that aside, it appears no one here has first hand experience with the program. Anyone, anyone? :D

HawkerJet 11-26-2009 07:18 AM

Since I'm stuck on the road today and have nothing better to do I'll bite.

Key Lime Air - Colorado's #1 Air Charter Service

First I don't have the direct experience that you asked for, but you now have two threads going on the topic so you must be serious about doing the SIC program.

About 12 to 15 years ago pay for training was more common, but movement was happening and I can see the argument for it.....maybe.

Today and for the next 5+ years I do not see much happening.

How old are you, how much time do you have? Are you a CFI/CFII/MEI, if not why not?

My opinion only, save your money, get ratings the legitimate way, pay your dues and if you want in this industry bad enough you'll make it in time.

Good luck and Happy T-day :)