Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

ATI Jets, Inc.

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 01:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Former Lear F/O

Yeah we (ATI) may be more expensive than Sierra west, but we also don't pay our captains 30k like Sierra West either.

We do a decent amount of Airmed but most of our flying is pax charter. 75% of my flight time here has been pax.

We do have an office in EGE and crews will be up there for a week at a time often.

QOL is typical 135 and pay is better than some and worse than others.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:07 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006

Originally Posted by rthompsonjr View Post
Yeah we (ATI) may be more expensive than Sierra west, but we also don't pay our captains 30k like Sierra West either.

We do a decent amount of Airmed but most of our flying is pax charter. 75% of my flight time here has been pax.

We do have an office in EGE and crews will be up there for a week at a time often.

QOL is typical 135 and pay is better than some and worse than others.
Do you like living in ELP? I thought it was alright, weather was great 99% of the time.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:12 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Former Lear F/O

I'm ok with it, my wife hates it.

And last week was that 1% of crappy weather. We did the ILS down to about 400ft in fog and snow, in ELP!?! Of course the next day the sun was out and it was in the 60s. Go figure.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:58 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by rthompsonjr View Post
I'm ok with it, my wife hates it.

And last week was that 1% of crappy weather. We did the ILS down to about 400ft in fog and snow, in ELP!?! Of course the next day the sun was out and it was in the 60s. Go figure.
HA! those spring time sandstorms were always fun to fly the ILS in too. I remember we got about 6 inches of snow there and it was practically a state of emergency, then 2 days later like you said gorgeous and sunny and all the snow was gone. I miss the food there, not sure if I could ever live there again though, kind of a been there done that feeling with Old El Paso.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:34 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2007

Originally Posted by i121ADX View Post
Man, I haven't heard of these guys in forever. All I know is that they are more expensive than Sierra West Learjets to charter.
Flying cargo birds that don't have to have a nice interior and just may not have as good of maintenance, well it's easy to see why they might be cheaper. Not to mention Sierra West will sit for weeks in wonderful places like Detroit trying to find return hauls.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:33 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Lear Dude View Post
Flying cargo birds that don't have to have a nice interior and just may not have as good of maintenance, well it's easy to see why they might be cheaper. Not to mention Sierra West will sit for weeks in wonderful places like Detroit trying to find return hauls.
Unless things have recently changed at Sierra they always brought their crews home at the end of their trips. No matter how long they were out for they'd always seem to part 91 repo the planes back to ELP.

I knew several pilots there and they'd always brag about that to us because we'd be stuck on the road for days at a time. I always smiled and laughed cause I made more money as a first officer than the captains over at pkw were making, then again I was stuck on the road for days, it's all a trade off I guess.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:35 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: Just a broker now.

Originally Posted by Lear Dude View Post
You sit in Detroit because you will always get a trip from Detroit down to Mexico.

Newton's Fourth Law

"If you sell a plane from the South to the North, you will always get a trip back from the North to the South."

And Sierra West does have two PAX 35's.