Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Why we do what we do

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 09:24 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2007
Position: ATP, CFII, MEI, Chief Flight Instructor, Charter Captain CE402, CE421, BE58

I don't have any questions, been there done that. It sounds like you are running the UPS runs that Sub Air lost to AF. I used to run those. I did enjoy my time doing the single pilot IFR thing, but, it got old. It was also hard on my family. They seem like a pretty good company. I agree with you on the regional crap. I know guys that went off to do that, and it just wasn't what they thought it was going to be. If you are a younger single guy, it's an awesome gig. Some of the other runs I was doing wasn't very good to my family. The jet charter job I had after I left there was frickin' awesome, but after the economy took a dive, about 19 of us got furloughed. It was pretty good pay, benefits, great people, pretty decent equipment and a perfect balance of road and home time.

My current situation is pretty good too, I have a lot of freedom and I work with super people. It's just not steady enough. In my original post I was just venting my frustration. We'll see what happens. Be careful out there and watch out for that ice. Although the 99 handles the ice pretty well.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:57 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: 717 Sidekick

Originally Posted by papatango269 View Post
It was also hard on my family.
There is no way I could do this if I wasn't single!