Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Air Charters @TEB Q's. (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/4987-air-charters-teb-qs.html)

cfiny 07-21-2006 05:26 AM

Air Charters @TEB Q's.

Hi all,

I'm looking for info about Air Charters @ Teterboro NJ.

- minimum hours for LR FO
- pay for FO's, 1st, 2nd year
- upgrade time to CPT
- medical/dental/401K
- how much you guys fly a month?
- QOL in general

Thanks very much.

Jonesthepilot 07-21-2006 05:12 PM

u cfi in the NY area?

cfiny 07-24-2006 07:40 AM

Yes, I did for many years.

Oscar13601 07-24-2006 08:45 AM

Those guys are bad news. few years ago they posted in the internet that they needed an FO for their LR, I went personally and they told me they only hire guys from their school in TEB. I told the guy that why they posted the job online. A friend of mine told me they are bad with the maintenance and all. Thank god I didn't fly for them. Dude, the are many regionals right now hiring: Expressjet out of EWR, and Chautauqua... More experience and better quality of life...

Short Bus Drive 07-28-2006 10:36 AM

From what I heard, Gene is a tough guy to fly for. There are other (better) options.
If you want to fly out of TEB, try across the way at Million Air. They have a charter group upstairs. Or try Flex Jet, or NetJets.

fosters 07-28-2006 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by cfiny
Hi all,

I'm looking for info about Air Charters @ Teterboro NJ.

- minimum hours for LR FO
- pay for FO's, 1st, 2nd year
- upgrade time to CPT
- medical/dental/401K
- how much you guys fly a month?
- QOL in general

Thanks very much.

I worked for them as a CFI at the school when it was still at TEB and can say that their QOL is typical of a 135 company. There are some people that are stuck there due to past history (ie driving records...) but for the most part turnover wasn't super high. Which to me says it is an "ok" gig. I think they paid their lear CA's around $60k and fo's in the $30k-$40k's.

As far as only hiring from the school - LOL that is hilarious. They do, but they made the guys pay for their lear training if you weren't the chief instructor or assistant chief instructor. They paid the assistant chief instructor $50/flight in the king air to ride right seat before she complained. The old chief instructor on the flight school side was flying the -90 left seat and lear right seat and left to go to ExpressJet to be an FO. The current chief instructor had around 2500+ dual given before being given a shot in the charter department. That should tell you something...

That being said, gene and family are nice people outside of the business environment. He has an annual xmas party with open bar. He taught me a LOT about doing business and he is the typical sucessful "business owner". He knows what he's doing and he's been doing it a long time. One of his son's was a learjet FO (probably CA now).

loudgarrettdriver 07-31-2006 06:08 AM

With all the opps at TEB I'd look for a part 91 corporate first- that 135 sched is a pain in the A$$. You could also try looking around farmingdale. There's all sorts of gigs out there if corporate is your poision.

Piedmonster 02-25-2011 09:46 PM

Anyone have any up to date info?

Salary, QOL, etc?

Thx.

JETUPANDGO 02-27-2011 07:19 AM

Salary is based on experience, qualifications and how well it is believed that you will fit in with the personnel and customer base.
QOL: Job security is probably the best quality. Very little turnover/layoffs. Some have left for greener pastures, and have returned. The pay is not the highest in the industry, so something is keeping them. Not one pilot is stuck because of driving records, violations, etc. Many corporate customers are very critical of background checks and the experience of the crews. The toughest quality, is the schedule. On Demand, wheels up in 2 hours.