Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   West Air C208B (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/51335-west-air-c208b.html)

SONORA PASS 06-12-2010 01:37 PM

West Air C208B

Any C208B pilots with West Air?

I am looking for some current scheduling, pay and other QOL information.

Thanks in advance,

Sean

Luv2Rotate 06-12-2010 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by SONORA PASS (Post 825571)
Any C208B pilots with West Air?

I am looking for some current scheduling, pay and other QOL information.

Thanks in advance,

Sean

I missed a call by HR on Friday. Unfortunately, it went straight to voicemail as I was watching the "A-team". I'll have to give'em a call monday. Whatever info I can pull, I'll shoot your way. :)

SONORA PASS 06-12-2010 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Luv2Rotate (Post 825590)
I missed a call by HR on Friday. Unfortunately, it went straight to voicemail as I was watching the "A-team". I'll have to give'em a call monday. Whatever info I can pull, I'll shoot your way. :)

Thanks, and hope that call goes very well. I exchanged some emails with them this week, but wanted to see if any of the West Air pilots could give a howgozit report from the front lines.

Let me know what you find out.

Thanks,

Sean

exerauflyboy5 06-14-2010 10:11 AM

I 2nd that. Sacramento is my hometown, wouldnt mind flying a small purple tail around it!

Oh and any info for the OP would be AWESOME!!!

Petethedog 06-27-2010 06:20 PM

Anybody here been hired by West Air yet? They still have a posting on their site saying they are looking for pilots in nor/socal. If so, any details to share? Thanks...

Luv2Rotate 06-27-2010 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Petethedog (Post 833197)
Anybody here been hired by West Air yet? They still have a posting on their site saying they are looking for pilots in nor/socal. If so, any details to share? Thanks...

I spoke with HR for about 20 mins this week. They wanted to know if I were still interested in the position along with my last 135 checkout, the last time I flew the C208 and whether or not I would give up my recall #. We talked about potential bases if brought onboard. I got the impression they're looking for guys with C208 time and 135 experience. If your on furlough like me, they'll want you to give up your #.
I was asked to "hang tight" they're still filtering through resumes and plan on having 1 or 2 interviewing sessions in the next few weeks. I was told I would be contacted for further consideration in the next couple of weeks. At which time, I would be told where and when to interview. :cool:

Petethedog 06-27-2010 06:40 PM

Alright, thanks Rotate. I guess I'll keep hoping. I live in the Bay Area and soon to be out of job. This seems like a decent place. In any case, good luck and keep us posted on the results...

kiwiflyer 02-14-2013 10:22 AM

Has anyone got info on lastest interview with this company. I am interviewing there next week

Admpilot 03-07-2015 12:10 PM

Anyone have information on this operator? Pay, QOL, schedule?

Thanks!

bozobigtop 03-07-2015 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Admpilot (Post 1838913)
Anyone have information on this operator? Pay, QOL, schedule?

Thanks!

All FedEx caravans with hubs in LAS, SAN, ONT, OAK, and SMF. Many of the pilots holding routes from those hubs live in the outstation cities. If you're reserve you may travel to any of these cities either hub or outstation. Most of the routes are Monday afternoon thru Saturday mornings. Early morning flights from the hubs to the outstations in which you're at the outstation doing the day and spend the nights in the hubs. The last pay structure I saw was about 40000 a year to start, but I believe with a route the per diem would make the yearly pay more. They had all the standard benefits better than the benefits I had at the regionals. It's an excellent company with good people.

I hope this information helps you.