Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Blackwater (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/5237-blackwater.html)

azvandriver 08-06-2006 03:39 PM

Blackwater

Anybody here flying for Presidential Airways/Blackwater Aviation? I have three friends, one very close who are security contractors for Blackwater. I am trying to find information about the aviation side of the company. As you can expect, they don't exactly advertise for pilot positions. The last I heard the minimums were 1500/500. I thought they only flew Casa 212s until my buddy from the Marines sent me some pictures of a Metro he rode in. Any information would be awesome.

LAfrequentflyer 08-06-2006 03:52 PM

I'll see if I can find a phone number for their aviation dept. for you. I see them take out ads in Air Force Times all the time...I may have a back issue lying around...

-LAFF

azvandriver 08-06-2006 04:17 PM

Thanks.
I am still a little short on time. I have also heard that you need to know someone in the company. I know have some friends who are security contractors, but no pilots.

Flight25 08-07-2006 11:24 AM

Website

Just go to the Blackwater website. Last time I checked if you dont have SO experience then no need to apply. Good pay if you dont mind getting shot at. www.blackwaterusa.com/aviation/

aircav06 08-14-2006 08:24 AM

Just watch out for those mountains in Afghanistan.....:eek:

azvandriver 08-23-2006 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Flight25 (Post 51613)
Just go to the Blackwater website. Last time I checked if you dont have SO experience then no need to apply. Good pay if you dont mind getting shot at. www.blackwaterusa.com/aviation/

I assume that you mean security operator and not second officer.

Flight25 08-30-2006 01:04 PM

So

Sorry, it is a military acronym for Special Operations. They look, primarily, for guys with training and experience in "high risk" environments. It never hurts to ask though.

AIRCAV I dont appreciate your words, some people on these forums knew the dead. I hope you never make such a mistake and if you do I hope your friends dont have to put up with such comments.
Of course I could only expect that out of a CAV guy who likely has a big ego and little sense. : )
Remember if you aint CAV you ain't shI+. Funny, but I never wanted to be shI+.

D15C1PLE 10-22-2006 01:35 PM

If you havn't got anywhere with this yet, LMK. If you have, got an update?

D

cruiseclimb 10-23-2006 10:22 AM

A friend of mine is with the company flying Casa 212s. He's carried multiple resumes in from highly qualified military aviators and not a one has gotten a call. The jobs are few, the list is long, so your quals need to be pretty good. Having a top security clearance may help as well. So you probably need to be military and know one of the other pilots...

soon2bfo 02-19-2008 07:23 AM

I have a friend who learned part 61, did some regional and Alaska flying, and got hired to fly for them. I guess you just have to be in the right place at the right time.