Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   King Air time? (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/52709-king-air-time.html)

quinny89 08-10-2010 11:38 AM

King Air time?

Are there ANY King Air operators (or ANY turbojet aircraft operators) in the NE Ohio area that I could possibly get some right seat time in??

850TT 105ME CFII/MEI.

Nobody will even look at hiring you without time in type, but if you don't have access to a King Air or jet, how are you supposed to get time in type!! (without going to the regionals making $19k a year). Lovely catch 22 of this business!! :confused:

So PLEASE, anyone in this area, please respond!! :):)

mmaviator 08-10-2010 11:58 AM

there might be something out there but here are some thoughts about the area.

http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/co...rate-jobs.html

Private Flyer 08-10-2010 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by quinny89 (Post 853808)
Are there ANY King Air operators (or ANY turbojet aircraft operators) in the NE Ohio area that I could possibly get some right seat time in??

850TT 105ME CFII/MEI.

Nobody will even look at hiring you without time in type, but if you don't have access to a King Air or jet, how are you supposed to get time in type!! (without going to the regionals making $19k a year). Lovely catch 22 of this business!! :confused:

Problem with the King Air it does not require two pilot's and unless you are the sole person at the controls you can't log it. SIC will not work. Try to find a jet operator, but with your low time that's going to be hard considering the insurance. Just keep plugging away. You'll get there and never give up!

propjunkie 08-10-2010 02:18 PM

850TT 105ME CFII/MEI.

Whats up quinny! Hows Ohio treating ya? I'm sure you can find out who i am from my profile...

beech1980 08-10-2010 02:33 PM

ahh the start of the pilot shortage! 350 more hours and you can go get a pt.135 gig. if people never go to the regionals things might get better

FlyJSH 08-10-2010 06:32 PM

850TT 105ME CFII/MEI.

The only way to legally log SIC time in a King Air is if it is flying passengers, under 135, WITHOUT a working, three axis autopilot. I have never heard of a 135 King Air operator that was NOT authorized to operate single pilot with autopilot in lieu of a SIC. For that matter, I never heard of a King Air that didn't have an autopilot (unless you count the 1900 as a King Air).

The regionals won't touch you with those hours. The lowest I have heard is 1000/200, but following the recent purchases and mergers, furloughees are getting first dibs.

The last time I looked for a biz jet SIC job was about four years ago (just as the hiring boom started). I had 5000 PIC, 2000 AMEL PIC, and 1000 turboprop PIC. On 40 resumes, I got four interviews, and two offers. With your times and this economy, you might want to lower your sights a bit.

elcidflyer04 08-10-2010 06:56 PM

850TT 105ME CFII/MEI.

Sounds like some one needs to keep CFI'ing for a few hundred hours more.

quinny89 08-11-2010 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by elcidflyer04 (Post 853986)
Sounds like some one needs to keep CFI'ing for a few hundred hours more.

Exact reason i hate posting questions on here anymore, smart-ss comments like this. I'm just asking for a little help from some local pilots, if you're not local, then you're not helping. :(

quinny89 08-11-2010 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by propjunkie (Post 853875)
Whats up quinny! Hows Ohio treating ya? I'm sure you can find out who i am from my profile...

What's up C? Not much happening around here, trying to get some decent times in the book since i'm still stuck working at 'you know where'. :)

How's the freight gig working out for ya?

elcidflyer04 08-11-2010 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by quinny89 (Post 854171)
Exact reason i hate posting questions on here anymore, smart-ss comments like this. I'm just asking for a little help from some local pilots, if you're not local, then you're not helping. :(

Easy Quinny it was a joke. Relax.