Help Innocent Pilots Detained for Smuggling

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Help Innocent Pilots Detained for Smuggling

Old 12-14-2010, 04:36 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Default Help Innocent Pilots Arrested Internationally

Two Innocent U.S. Pilots Detained in The Dominican Republic With a Plane Full of Drugs, were setup by D.R. Military officials and D.R. drug agents

Read on, it is a FACT they are innocent. Setup by D.R. military officials whom are now arrested. But the two pilots remain criminally charged internationally.

U.S. Pilots Detained in The Dominican Republic-With a Plane Full of Drugs (PHOTOS) | useful Nfo

On Thursday December 2, 2010 two American pilots, Chris Schmidt and Kevin Kuranz, were detained in the Dominican Republic after drug dogs found a large quanity of cocaine hidden in the ceiling and floorboards of the plane they were to fly out of the country. Chris and Kevin do not load the plane, they just fly it. They were in no way aware of the drugs, and have cooperated fully with authorities. Chris and Kevin are pilots for Air Cargo Carriers based out of*Milwaukee, Wisconsin.*The Dominican Reublic has arrested 18 military officials who were involved, and their version of the DA who followed the bust agrees that they had no part in it, but when it went to the judge for them to be released from the country they were wrongfully charged with international drug trafficking. Help bring these Americans home to their friends and families. We are trying to reach out and find anyone who can help in anyway. We also ask for your prayers for both the pilots and their families

You enjoy your Freedom? Try being in international jail since December 2, 2010 sleeping on a cold concrete floor with a paint bucket as your John ONLY because you were set up by 18 Dominican Republic military and drug enforcement "officials".

Please help, as you are on your overnight layover in your hotel room bored on your laptop, please take a few minutes to email the NewsTip lines below. If your really bored as you read this, please write your local state Representatives, Senators, and Congressmen.

In the pilot group, we are full aware that important topics like these dont get into the news unless there is a fatality crash or if it involved a major US Passenger line.

News broadcast companies are not currently running this story because "they think that there is not enough interest".

Please email NewsTip Lines at:

Associate Press = [email protected]
CNN = [email protected]
FOX News = [email protected]
Headline News = AHN | All Headline News | Submit A News Tip
ABC Newstip ABC News Tip Line - ABC News
CBS newstip CBSNews.com Feedback

Further information: Easily found by Googling [ U.S. Pilots Detained in The Dominican Republic-With a Plane Full of Drugs ]

U.S. Pilots Detained in The Dominican Republic-With a Plane Full of Drugs (PHOTOS) | useful Nfo

Last edited by bgmann; 12-14-2010 at 06:26 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:53 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: Trying not to crash

Thanks for this. I've flown with Kevin, and he's a great guy. I've emailed my senators... please think about what you can do while these innocent pilots spend the holidays in Dominican jail.

*Edited to correct country

Last edited by detpilot; 12-15-2010 at 07:00 AM.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:05 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: F/O- G-V/550

Originally Posted by detpilot View Post
Thanks for this. I've flown with Kevin, and he's a great guy. I've emailed my senators... please think about what you can do while these innocent pilots spend the holidays in Colombian jail.
I'm missing something here, why are they in a Colombian jail when they flew from P.R to the Dominican Republic??
Old 12-15-2010, 04:37 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2009
Position: on the beach

I emailed the news agencies, come on guys help these guys out. Speak up for your fellow pilots, imagine being locked up in that ****hole.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: Trying not to crash

Originally Posted by UCLAbruins View Post
I'm missing something here, why are they in a Colombian jail when they flew from P.R to the Dominican Republic??
Brain fart, Freudian slip, whatever you'd like to call it. Of course, I meant Dominican jail.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:22 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2007

I have flown with Kevin as well and also contacted my senators and representatives. I hope they get out soon, they are both great guys and sucks to see them in this position.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:46 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: Yes & Yes!

I was in Kevin's new hire class and I find it hard to believe he had anything to do with this. I hope he can get cleared and released before Christmas at the very least.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:14 PM
Part Time

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: Chief Pilot PC-12NG

I also e-mailed the story to a bunch of news agencies.

Keep them in your hearts and prayers and hope they get back home soon.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:41 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2009
Position: PA-31/left, LJ31/right

Joined the FB page today. I hope to be of any support I can offer these guys. Something seems fishy about this whole deal, like they were set up or something. I just don't understand it all. It seems like they should have an alibi for their time spent to make it quite clear that they more than likely didn't do this. I hope they didn't. All things are possible, but it just seems fairly certain they didn't. And according to the link posted, they landed at AILA, which goes against the typical route that drugs take. The usual route is from south to the DR then across the straights to PR, then there is no customs to go through to get them to the US. Was it seized before it took of or when it landed? Things just don't add up.

If this is a set up, I hope it gets BLOWN WIDE OPEN and those responsible pay for it dearly.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:28 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Another thing that can be done is writing Aviation association AOPA. AOPA is Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association. I have some emails for contact I recommend people contact. It is more likely this association will do 'something' versus news or politicans. It is very likely they will at the least run a brief article in their monthly magazine, eNewsletter. And more likely they would be interested in getting involved versus, say, your Senator from California. AOPA has a legal department as well.

Just copy and paste the next line including commas and email them a short brief request.

[email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

You would be writing to: AOPA's "News Media and Public Relations" representative; Regional Representative; and the AOPA Pilot Magazine to gain interest in writing an article.