Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Working at Delta Private Jets

Old 08-15-2013, 07:23 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: C-560 (Citation Encore) F.O.

Originally Posted by NoJoy View Post
7/7? I thought there sched was 8/6 Maybe its different for the type of a/c flown.
It is an 8/6 schedule. Positive space to/from the airplane.

Now, back to filling out airline applications.........
Old 02-05-2014, 08:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013

I've seen lots of ads for DPJ. I'm currently an SIC in a citation (560, not the Bravo or Excel). Does DPJ hire without a type rating? It seems like I could meet the other requirements. I tried to apply on their site but it's set up if you don't check currently type rated it filters you out. Do they bond you or have some agreement on employment if you obtain your own type? Is there another way to contact someone to find out?
Old 02-06-2014, 02:27 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2009
Position: CORP

My understanding is you have to pay for your type, but I could be wrong. I interviewed there for a non flying job a few years ago and having a pilot background they had the chief pilot in on my the interview. If I was offered the position I would not have taken it just because of him.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:51 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013

Originally Posted by Diesel450 View Post
My understanding is you have to pay for your type, but I could be wrong. I interviewed there for a non flying job a few years ago and having a pilot background they had the chief pilot in on my the interview. If I was offered the position I would not have taken it just because of him.
I have read similar stories on the forums. I keep seeing their ads when but I try to apply I can't get passed the initial questionnaire where it asks if you have a current type in the aircraft and have been to a part 142 training program within the last few years. I'm just wondering if there is a way to contact someone directly if you were willing to obtain your own type rating.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:25 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: B-737

They require that you have been to simuflite of flight safety within the previous 36 months on the jet you are hired onto. DO NOT PAY FOR YOUR OWN TYPE! YOU WILL BE CRUCIFIED ON THE LINE BY THE REST OF THE PILOTS. They are trying as hard as they can to improve the conditions and pay and that will not float well with them. Delta can pay for type ratings. The company made record profits in 2013 as i was told from a captain that is there. They have been living on the backs of pilots that were in an unfortunate situation that were out of jobs but current on jets that they managed. Its time they have to pay to for training and not just hire for the type rating..
Old 02-09-2014, 06:13 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2013

Originally Posted by beech1980 View Post
They require that you have been to simuflite of flight safety within the previous 36 months on the jet you are hired onto. DO NOT PAY FOR YOUR OWN TYPE! YOU WILL BE CRUCIFIED ON THE LINE BY THE REST OF THE PILOTS. They are trying as hard as they can to improve the conditions and pay and that will not float well with them. Delta can pay for type ratings. The company made record profits in 2013 as i was told from a captain that is there. They have been living on the backs of pilots that were in an unfortunate situation that were out of jobs but current on jets that they managed. Its time they have to pay to for training and not just hire for the type rating..
This! Never pay for a type rating!
Old 02-15-2014, 08:32 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2008

Originally Posted by BayBum4Ever View Post
I was flying the CE-750/Citation X for DPJ. We had 3 pilots per tail number which works out to 2 weeks on and 1 week off unless one crew member had vacation or training, then guess what? The place is run by has beens and wanna Be's the place is a joke and waiting to implode.
The airlines will be hiring big time starting this fall so just wait for those flood gates to open and forget about DPJ
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

BAYBUM
Geez, you'd think someone with any common sense (DPJ management) would read these blogs about the company and realize they'll never get any quality people unless they change the way they do business. It's amazing they've lasted this long!
Old 05-26-2014, 05:52 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2014

Was thinking to apply.
Can anyone tell me anything about schedule, payscale and type rating, pleae?
Currently i'm a SIC in a regional and i was thinking to change.
Old 05-26-2014, 06:06 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2012
Position: I will be in the right bunk.

Kimba, read the previous 10 pages of this thread and search this forum and your questions should be answered. Stay at the regional and wait to apply to the majors.

STAY AWAY YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!
Old 05-27-2014, 04:33 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2014

Ok,
thanks.
Yes i red the previous pages, but not all the info are recent and every situation is different, beside the fact that this is a bad company to work for (and i've at Ameriflight before...), my question are:
schedule, payscale for a SIC and type rating (for sure i won't pay for).
Any recent updates?