Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Part 135
Working at Delta Private Jets >

Working at Delta Private Jets

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Working at Delta Private Jets

Old 10-24-2011, 10:51 PM
BayBum38ft

Do yourself a favor and forget about DPJ. I was able to escape and find a good career job. My contacts tell me that 20 -22 days on the road is average right now. The place is run by incompetents and senior management is a joke, the Puddle Pirate and JS are ruining the place. Many have not heeded my dire warnings and they rue the day that they joined DPJ. They have training contracts that will run 4 years for initial and recurrent and they will come after you if you leave, which you will want to do after your second day there. The pay system is FUBAR and JS keeps a plane in Kinston for his own private use and the pilots sit in the crew house for days not earning pay.
RUN FOREST RUN

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Old 10-25-2011, 11:22 AM

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: B757/767

Originally Posted by BayBum38ft View Post
Do yourself a favor and forget about DPJ. I was able to escape and find a good career job. My contacts tell me that 20 -22 days on the road is average right now. The place is run by incompetents and senior management is a joke, the Puddle Pirate and JS are ruining the place. Many have not heeded my dire warnings and they rue the day that they joined DPJ. They have training contracts that will run 4 years for initial and recurrent and they will come after you if you leave, which you will want to do after your second day there. The pay system is FUBAR and JS keeps a plane in Kinston for his own private use and the pilots sit in the crew house for days not earning pay.
RUN FOREST RUN

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Could any DPJ guys comment on DPJ aircraft exceeding a MGTOW of 65,000 lbs? I'm not familiar with business jets, but it came to Delta pilots attention that a few jets exceeding that weight were being operated by DPJ's, & that is a violation of our Scope. A grievance was filed, & we were told we won. But that is all we were told.

Is DPJ's still operating any jets that exceed a MGTOW of 65,000 lbs?
Old 10-25-2011, 11:40 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: Sofa Stress Tester

Originally Posted by johnso29 View Post
Could any DPJ guys comment on DPJ aircraft exceeding a MGTOW of 65,000 lbs? I'm not familiar with business jets, but it came to Delta pilots attention that a few jets exceeding that weight were being operated by DPJ's, & that is a violation of our Scope. A grievance was filed, & we were told we won. But that is all we were told.

Is DPJ's still operating any jets that exceed a MGTOW of 65,000 lbs?
Just a question, but how is this a violation? It's a totally separate business model and could not be used to steal flying away from the DAL pilots.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:45 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2010

If Wikipedia is to believed (I know, I know), DPJ operates Gulfstreams and 7Xs, which would have MGTOWs of greater than 65K. That said, I can think of better battles to fight. When a business jet goes up in weight, passenger capacity doesn't tend to scale much with it - just comfort.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:12 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: Wagon & Whale Driver

Thanks baybum, thats all i needed to know!!

JG
Old 10-26-2011, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
Just a question, but how is this a violation? It's a totally separate business model and could not be used to steal flying away from the DAL pilots.
It's a violation because our contract does not allow it. Any aircraft configured to 50 seats or less may NOT exceed a MGTOW of 65,000 lbs. DPJ's is owned by Delta, & someone can buy a ticket from Delta & fly on both Delta mainline and DPJ on the same locator. Those business jets are capable of WB distances. If Delta wants to help those customers get somewhere a WB can go, then they need to put them on a wide body.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by biigD View Post
If Wikipedia is to believed (I know, I know), DPJ operates Gulfstreams and 7Xs, which would have MGTOWs of greater than 65K. That said, I can think of better battles to fight. When a business jet goes up in weight, passenger capacity doesn't tend to scale much with it - just comfort.
I agree, but I want them ALL fought.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:44 AM
Underboob King

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Guppy Commander

Originally Posted by johnso29 View Post
It's a violation because our contract does not allow it. Any aircraft configured to 50 seats or less may NOT exceed a MGTOW of 65,000 lbs. DPJ's is owned by Delta, & someone can buy a ticket from Delta & fly on both Delta mainline and DPJ on the same locator. Those business jets are capable of WB distances. If Delta wants to help those customers get somewhere a WB can go, then they need to put them on a wide body.
Or flown by Delta pilots ;-)
Old 10-26-2011, 08:23 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: LearJet 31A, 70, PC12NG, PAY31, B200

First let me say I'm a huge Deltoid (my father worked at Tech-ops for 32 years, I can remember the Delta family fun fair every fall and the dwarf house is a food group at my house) however, the customers at DPJ who are footing the bill for these Bizjet trips would be flying privately regardless of who is operating the aircraft. To them, flying privately and annonimously is paramount. However, when the time comes that for whatever reason, the airline ticket must be purchased, they are buying first class and more often than not it is an ultra long range trip...on a widebody...
Old 10-26-2011, 08:53 AM
The NeverEnding Story

Joined APC: Sep 2005

Originally Posted by johnso29
Those business jets are capable of WB distances. If Delta wants to help those customers get somewhere a WB can go, then they need to put them on a wide body.
Its taken me since this post was made until now to stop laughing hard enough to type...

I'm pretty sure anybody who can afford $6000/hr+ for a large cabin bizjet charter to travel where they want, when they want, isn't going to be terribly interested in dealing with a TSA checkpoint to ride a Delta widebody somewhere.